Is Neelix safe around children?

Voyager
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Is Neelix safe around children?

Post by Monroe »

Hey guys, been awhile.

About every year I watch a different series, I was saving VOY for last because it was the one I remember the most and something I missed as a child really sticks out to me now. In Season 2, Elogium- Kes enters puberty and we have yet another Trek plot where people are forced to talk about sex and all. It's established by this point that Kes at this time hasn't entered puberty (despite an adult body). Why is Neelix kissing and fondling her? Is Neelix really trying to get out of the Delta Quadrant because he's on some sex offender list? We know he's got a troubled past as a deserter and let his friends go to jail for him. He also runs a creepy morning show and acts like a clown-I think that's evidence. He also gets horribly jealous and may even have violent tendencies when his child-girlfriend swoons over a certain Tom Paris.

While my rewatch hasn't gotten to that crewman who was born on Voyager yet, that got me thinking... would you let Neelix around your daughter?
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Is Neelix safe around children?

Post by Teaos »

I dont think Neelix is safe around anyone, he has personal boundry issues. So no, not really safe around children... but also, not safe around old people, middle age people and shaved monkeys.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

No. He is a liar and doesn't understand the concept of personal space, as we saw in the Voyager pilot. I want to know who's head was up who's ass when Berman & Braga decided to write that Kes was now entering puberty in the second season. That means that Neelix's romantic interest was a child. Someone please tell me how the assholes got around this.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Black Jesus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Black Jesus »

His first name is Humbert.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I read this whole thread replacing Netflix instead of Neelix...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"