Seven knowledge?

Voyager
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Seven knowledge?

Post by Teaos »

How much does Seven know? She seemed to have the answer to any question about the Borg they ever had, along with deep knowledge on a lot of specials and technology.

Does she know all the secrets of the Romulans and Klingons since their captains and ships along with bases were taken.

Could she, once back on Earth, over see the production of a a Cube?

She never seemed to not know anything about the Borg. In which case. The Federation has the accumulated knowledge of the entire Delta Quadrant, along thousands of other species.

On that point, Did Seven have a perfect map of the Galaxy in her head?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Seven knowledge?

Post by Nutso »

As much as the plot demanded. If she has all the knowledge of the Borg, and the capability to recall the knowledge of all the culled races, then she may be carrying the key to dominating all known space, including the Federation.

The question is, if she can't recall the data, will the Federation take it from her? What if the process is too invasive for her and she says, "No?" Still violate her body and take it?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Federation wouldnt do it. Section 31 though...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I think she had general or common knowledge that stuck in her mind for her time with the Borg. She isn't a walking encyclopedia of the Borg.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I feel she only had the knowledge that the Borg (as a whole) felt her as a drone needed for her tasks. So she may not have any knowledge of some topics, while a lot on others.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

The other detail is she would be able to interface with any Borg computer modules and get the data from them safely. She would serve as a firewall keeping Borg active data (storage programs) from trying to assimilate Voyager. The Borg data/programs would be downloaded to her Borg hardware, and Seven would put in the data to Voyager's computers.

That would allow Seven to have the large amount of knowledge, but it would depend on recent Borg encounters.

It would also allow for a potential source of conflict, as Seven has to deal with chaotic crewmembers that have conflicts, distractions, etc, vs the purity and efficiency of Borg systems. The Borg systems are easy to access, provide exactly the information required, work easily with her systems, etc. Have situations where Seven has an argument or other problem with a crewmember, and she returns to an alcove officially to regenerate, but unofficially she is swimming in the Borg sea of data, doing research, learning, and merging herself with the data.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Stop please, you keep remind us of more examples of VOYAGER dropping the ball.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Coalition wrote:The other detail is she would be able to interface with any Borg computer modules and get the data from them safely. She would serve as a firewall keeping Borg active data (storage programs) from trying to assimilate Voyager. The Borg data/programs would be downloaded to her Borg hardware, and Seven would put in the data to Voyager's computers.

That would allow Seven to have the large amount of knowledge, but it would depend on recent Borg encounters.

It would also allow for a potential source of conflict, as Seven has to deal with chaotic crewmembers that have conflicts, distractions, etc, vs the purity and efficiency of Borg systems. The Borg systems are easy to access, provide exactly the information required, work easily with her systems, etc. Have situations where Seven has an argument or other problem with a crewmember, and she returns to an alcove officially to regenerate, but unofficially she is swimming in the Borg sea of data, doing research, learning, and merging herself with the data.
Hmmm.... I think that would have been too deep for Voyager anyway.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"