SF Debris: Shattered

Voyager
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

SF Debris: Shattered

Post by Nutso »

http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-re ... ew-6716844
Opinionated Voyager Episode Guide begins a new year with a retrospective sort of episode. Voyager flies into another plot storm and now Chakotay is stuck in a ship where each part of the ship is a different era, and not one of them shows him finally being in charge, so reality must be restored.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: SF Debris: Shattered

Post by McAvoy »

I liked the episode only because I liked the idea.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: SF Debris: Shattered

Post by Coalition »

One comment from 7 of 9 would have been explaining that using the shattered sections of the ship to take over the others has been tried by the Borg, and it did not work. When Janeway asks, 7 explains that it would be even worse than the Omega protocol. Janeway is in shock that 7 knows about it, but Chakotay merely nods. Janeway is a bit surprised that Chakotay knows about Omega, but then remembers time travel.

That explains why the Borg didn't just take over Voyager using their invulnerability to Seska's weapon and their own capabilities. They had tried it before, and things turned out 'badly'. It could even be the reason for the Void.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)