SF Debris: Equinox

Voyager
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: SF Debris: Equinox

Post by Tyyr »

Captain Seafort wrote:No, Unimatrix Zero, regarding the "let's get assimilated" plan. Thanks for the reminder that it was Borg-related - that was enough to jog my memory.
Yeah, that's the one. One a scale of 1 to 10 for stupid plans that one was 19i.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

19i? Interesting number you got there.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Imaginary.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Captain Seafort wrote:Imaginary.
Square root of -361. Hmmm... Don't know how that would fit on a scale.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

thatsthejoke.jpg
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Part 2
Chuck gets righteous.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

It's the story of Voyager, "This could have been great, BUT..."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Tyyr wrote:It's the story of Voyager, "This could have been great, BUT..."
All the writers had to do way back in Season 1 was just remember that the Maquis are terrorists, and the Voyager crew was sent to hunt them down. I can't imagine the story possibilities they lost when everyone became friends by episode 9. Could have had an episode with a good old fashioned cafeteria rumble. Could have had a mutiny. Could have had Chakotay save the day. Could have had, innocent, naive Harry fall for a Maquis who was just using him. Could have seen them have each others' backs in a fight with aliens. Some Feds could sympathize with the Maquis cause.
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The Maquis on Voyager must surely go down as the greatest missed opportunity in the history of Star Trek. Such an intriguing premise to set up... only to so completely ignore it.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

It stupid they didnt use them, but I dont think they are that great of an idea.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

GrahamKennedy wrote:The Maquis on Voyager must surely go down as the greatest missed opportunity in the history of Star Trek. Such an intriguing premise to set up... only to so completely ignore it.
It was so dumb, that I have to believe this was dropped due to some executive in a suit who judges the world based on polls telling them to get to the Borg.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Teaos wrote:It stupid they didnt use them, but I dont think they are that great of an idea.
You don't think the idea of two factions being forced to co-exist on a little ship for conceivably the rest of their lives is even a little intriguing?
Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Nutso wrote:It was so dumb, that I have to believe this was dropped due to some executive in a suit who judges the world based on polls telling them to get to the Borg.
They didn't get to the Borg until the end of the third series. They abandoned any semblance of Maquis/Fed trouble a few episodes into the first series.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Hey now. Remember because we lost the Maquis opportunity we got gems like Threshold and that holodexk episode with children story characters and any annoying episode involving Neelix.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Part 3
"The original plan was for Janeway to lose her humanity and Ransom to discover his."

And Voyager forgets about the Equinox crew serving under Kathryn "Jo Stalin" Janeway. Could have had an episode where the black dude and Harry discuss their mutual fear of Janeway. Who will be the first to breakdown and cry? But the quote by Ronald D. Moore that Chuck says at the end explains it all. Fuck continuity, do what is (allegedly) cool.
Stan - South Park