Borg Queen opperating system

Voyager
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Borg Queen opperating system

Post by Teaos »

So I read an interesting fan theory awhile back.

Now we all know the Borg Queen doesnt fit into the original idea of the Borg, but hell, the original idea of the Borg didnt even last 10 minutes in their first appearance. Saying "We are the Borg ect ect" doesnt really fit in with their original conception of just assimilating what they want with no emotion or remorse.

So assuming the Borg use something like the queen to deal with problems in a less than straightforward logical way but a more creative way...

The Borg Queen we see in FC is different to the Borg Queen we see in mid season VOY which is different to the final one we see in End Game.

So the theory goes that the First and last Queen we see is very straight forward, has the good of the whole collective in mind but thinks a little outside the box to deal with tricky problems.

But the other version we see in VOY is far more emotional and manipulative, maybe in responce to the threat of 8472 and a few other set back by the Federation and maybe other shit from species we dont see.

Her methods are effective, she sends multiple cubes to planets to be assimilated and the Borg deffinatly see more expansionost, maybe making up for loses. But she also seems unstable, taking risks on 7o9 and other pointless crap, so is in the end fired and replaced with the original by the time of endgame.

Basically the Borg Queen is swapped out to meet the needs of the collective at a point of time, maintenance, expansion, war, assimilation.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Borg Queen opperating system

Post by McAvoy »

Interesting.

But it seems that the Borg would able to figure out when and where they would swap out old Queen with the new and the new one for the old. Which means they as a collective would know when to do it. If they can do that, then why need a Borg Queen.

My only theory is that there are different clones of Borg Queens. Perhaps Mk. I and Mk. II have a certain trait to them that makes them unique to control the Borg in a certain way. Maybe when one Queen is destroyed they take a clone out of storage. Maybe Mk. I and Mk. II are sisters of a long extinct species? The Borg alternate them to prevent stagnation in leadership?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

If the theory held true I would assume it would go along:-

Borg Thought "We have suffered 20% loses, new assimilation's at 30% effectiveness, organised resistance at 86%, Activate Militaristic Queen"

Then they had over authority to her until the parameters change to a new queens territory.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Is it possible that a background VI system can actively change her personality traits remotely? Why have multiple queens when you can have one queen with interchangeable personality qualities.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Reliant121 wrote:Is it possible that a background VI system can actively change her personality traits remotely? Why have multiple queens when you can have one queen with interchangeable personality qualities.
Different queens would explain there different looks of the VOY Queen and the First Contact/Endgame Queen.

Though you could just ignore it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

But it is odd that they look different and act different, maybe the base line species they use are different?