Voth reclaiming Earth

Voyager
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Voth reclaiming Earth

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Captain Seafort wrote:Bollocks - the Voth have demonstrated abilities beyond any Trek power short of the Q. The Feds are outmatched.
Or the Douwd. From the standpoint of the series he was a one-off character but he toyed with Enterprise casually and destroyed an entire race with a thought. We don't know the limits to his power but he's clearly potent.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

or any of countless other "transcendent" races I suppose. Q just seems to be unique among them in taking much interest in rabble like us mortal beings.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Q seems to have wider reaching power. Or a better understanding of Mortals. A lot of energy being dont understand mortal ie the wormhole aliens.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Q also seemed to be rather bored when not playing with us.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

stitch626 wrote:Q also seemed to be rather bored when not playing with us.
Q played with you? :P
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Show us on the doll where Q touched you...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Okay, out of the 'corporeal' races, the Voth are pretty much on top. Can we agree on that at least?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I wonder how they would fair against the pre-Voyagerturnseveryoneintopansies 8472?

Since people's brains didn't shut off, its possible that the power killer ray or whatever wouldn't effect the biological components of their ships.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

True. But we saw a small fraction of their capabilities. They could rely on non weapon weapons or they could have death rays of doom that vaporize ships. Who knows.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Now I'm wondering how the Whale Probe from ST IV would handle them...
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Now I'm wondering how the Whale Probe from ST IV would handle them...
They both would lose power and then sit in the dark wondering if the other has power.

Just a guess.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

stitch626 wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Now I'm wondering how the Whale Probe from ST IV would handle them...
They both would lose power and then sit in the dark wondering if the other has power.

Just a guess.
Ultimate irony, methinks. :D :lol:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I like that scenario. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Then the Whale Probe floats out of range, power back up, gets back into range. Wash, rinse repeat? ;)
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

...they could have death rays of doom that vaporize ships.
They did, it was called a transporter. All you have to do is transport and enemy ship and then don't put it back together right, or at all. 8472 isn't much of a threat when the Voth can just render them all down into raw replicator feed as fast as they can say "Energize."

Also, just wanted to point out, "Could the Voth handle 40 ships at once?" Yeah, it totally could. The Voth city ship was at least 5,000 times more massive than a Sovereign class starship. Probably more like 25,000 times given how they're shaped. Even if the city ship was only armed to Galaxy like levels, more hotel than warship, I'd say a Voth city ship, even if you don't count their ship transporters or hacking, could handle two or three hundred Federation starship at once. Once you factor in their ability to just turn off ships at will and disassociate other's atoms as fast as their transporter can recharge in spite of shields... I don't think Starfleet could do much about even a single city ship, much less half a dozen or more of them. Not to mention their transwarp, phase cloak, and incredibly long range scanning abilities make it possible for them to avoid letting Starfleet ever gang up on them anyways.