Starfleet size

Voyager
Talos
Senior chief petty officer

Re: Starfleet size

Post by Talos »

Mikey wrote:I think the Klingons, in particular, would be more apt to an "all-or-nothing" approach.
+1000 to that
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'd say that individual captains would be too smart to think "yeah, let's go up against this completely unkown ship that dwarfs my own". I'd find it more likely that they'd call for reinforcements before going anywhere near it.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

A Klingon may think just like that.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Klingons aren't retarded. They know when to back off. And seeing a 3KM ship that completely dwarfs theirs would be a damn good indication to back off and get reinforcements.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

They sent 3 ships at a 82AU ship. They would send one at a 1km one.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

*shrug* Point.
Talos

Post by Talos »

Klingons may have suicidal tendencies now and then but it's too much even for a Klingon to attack a borg cube by himself on his tiny BoP.
Talos

Post by Talos »

Their strategy could be call reinforsements attack all at once and what the hell if that doesn't work we can ram the cube and ensure a place at Sto'Vo'Kor
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I dont think I can ever remember a Klingon ramming. Doesnt seem their style. More likely they would go down with guns blazing.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:I dont think I can ever remember a Klingon ramming. Doesnt seem their style. More likely they would go down with guns blazing.
I remember one getting ready to, in the Defiant, until a particular Sovereign-class showed up.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Talos

Post by Talos »

With all due respect sir rear admiral Teaos sir but I think you should watch FC again.
Thank you for granding permission to an insignificant ensign like me to speak freely sir rear admiral... sir :wink:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Talos wrote:With all due respect sir rear admiral Teaos sir but I think you should watch FC again.
Thank you for granding permission to an insignificant ensign like me to speak freely sir rear admiral... sir :wink:
I like this Ensign. :P
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

What's the difference between 3 D7's and 300,000 D7's against something the size of a solar system? Besides, the Federation only threw one ship at it :wink:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:What's the difference between 3 D7's and 300,000 D7's against something the size of a solar system? Besides, the Federation only threw one ship at it :wink:
and won.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well in fairness that was a Klingon raised and trained by humans, in a human ship, in a human battle.