SFDebris: Latent Image

Voyager
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SFDebris: Latent Image

Post by Captain Seafort »

Blip

Good episode, and worth a bit more than Chuck's score IMO. I particularly agree with his view on Braga shitting all over the ending, and I wouldn't be surprised if he'd bumped it up a couple of points if that had been the actual conclusion.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: SFDebris: Latent Image

Post by McAvoy »

I liked this episode but never knew about the ending.

But his mentioning of Measure of a Man wants me to look to see if he ever done that review yet...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Found funny that Evil Janeway's solution to the Doctor's dilemma was actually less cruel than the actual Janeway's.
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

Actually I think the Doctor's action in waking up Janeway fits in well with his character. Go back over the years and see what a jerk he could be. True, over the seasons he grew more likable but I think under the circumstances waking up the woman who considered him little better than a replicator is not wholly out of line, especially when you consider the Doctor is still damaged goods.

I am far from Braga's biggest fan but that does not mean the guy did not get it right once in a while.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

This is one of those episodes that truly brought 7 and the Doctor out into the open. I loved what they did here. On its own I'd give this episode an 8/10 for the series... maybe even a 9/10.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

McAvoy wrote:I liked this episode but never knew about the ending.

But his mentioning of Measure of a Man wants me to look to see if he ever done that review yet...
He has. Right here.

And yeah, this is a good episode.