External Consistency?

Voyager
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: External Consistency?

Post by Mikey »

On the contrary - since the Borg were (when the writers felt like it) using corridors rather than "typical" warp fields, warp field dynamics would have a negligible impact on Borg design whereas simple strength and bending moment would be the chief concerns.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

On occasion, however, they did use standard warp drive (Q Who?, BoBW, Scorpion I), so they're be subject to normal warp physics under those conditions.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Perhaps. But the Borg are an extreme version of alternative design to the whole Trek design philosophy when it comes to warp dynamics.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

McAvoy wrote:Perhaps. But the Borg are an extreme version of alternative design to the whole Trek design philosophy when it comes to warp dynamics.
Which is another way of saying "Hey, what if it was a big cube? That would look cool!" :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Perhaps. But the Borg are an extreme version of alternative design to the whole Trek design philosophy when it comes to warp dynamics.
Which is another way of saying "Hey, what if it was a big cube? That would look cool!" :)
Good enough for me. :wink:
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Same here. :D It's a big, scary-looking cube. All I needed from a Borg ship.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:On occasion, however, they did use standard warp drive (Q Who?, BoBW, Scorpion I), so they're be subject to normal warp physics under those conditions.
As I said:
Mikey wrote:(when the writers felt like it)
GrahamKennedy wrote:
Too true. It would be refreshing to see that mindset up front rather than couched in some implied pseudo-science.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer