Shoud Starfleet return to the Delta Quadrant?

Voyager
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Shoud Starfleet return to the Delta Quadrant?

Post by McAvoy »

I am confused.

Are we taling about the post-Destiny timeline which is non-canon?

Or are we talking about the new Trek movie timeline with Romulus destroyed?

In Destiny, the Borg are gone permanently, so the biggest threat to the Delta Quadrant isn't there. So there may be some chaos I would think about taking/retaking former Borg territory.

New Trek movie timeline, we do not know the status of the Borg. They could be crippled, gone or fully restored after the events in Endgame.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

McAvoy wrote:I am confused.

Are we taling about the post-Destiny timeline which is non-canon?

Or are we talking about the new Trek movie timeline with Romulus destroyed?

In Destiny, the Borg are gone permanently, so the biggest threat to the Delta Quadrant isn't there. So there may be some chaos I would think about taking/retaking former Borg territory.

New Trek movie timeline, we do not know the status of the Borg. They could be crippled, gone or fully restored after the events in Endgame.
We're talking canon only original time-line, some time after the destruction of Romulus.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Ok, well in that case. I think the Borg may still be a threat. So, unless Starfleet has a detailed map of where Borg territory is, this fleet should not be too large and inviting. But that is my opinion.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I think exploring more of the Gamma Quadrant is far more important. But I can see Starfleet wasting a few ships on the DQ. It is Starfleet... exploring is kind of what they do.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
steamrunner
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by steamrunner »

Monroe wrote:I think exploring more of the Gamma Quadrant is far more important. But I can see Starfleet wasting a few ships on the DQ. It is Starfleet... exploring is kind of what they do.
Agreed.

(As a side note, every time I see DQ I think of Dairy Queen, home of the Blizzard, instead of Delta Quadrant...)
"If? If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle..."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Remember that ep where the race of the week basically told Janeway that "everyone says you guys are cursed/incredible douchebags"?
"Voyager is a ship of death." I believe the line was.

How apt. :lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

steamrunner wrote:As a side note, every time I see DQ I think of Dairy Queen, home of the Blizzard, instead of Delta Quadrant...)
:lol:

It happens. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Well, you get treated a lot better at Dairy Queen than the Delta Quadrnat. ;)

A small force, methinks. Nothing too overtly threatening.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Based on canon alone, there's no way to get it out there, as slipstream is not perfected. However in Post-Destiny, there's an effort to go out there. I'd suggest getting some exploration out there ASAP.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Based on canon alone, there's no way to get it out there, as slipstream is not perfected. However in Post-Destiny, there's an effort to go out there. I'd suggest getting some exploration out there ASAP.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
steamrunner
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by steamrunner »

Hey, Bryan, when are you going to release "How to Attain the Rank of Captain by Double-Posting?" :lol:

Don't send a huge fleet, but don't just send a couple of ships either, just in case one would need a little backup...
"If? If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle..."
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Dude! Can I sign up for that course? :lol: :lol:

Just stock a Galaxy full of married officers and civies w/ rugrats and bon voyage. With out slipstream, transwarp, etc., make it a generation ship, one gen out and explore, the next gen explores and comes back (phew),,,,,,,,, just thought I'd add some more commas to that line :wink: .
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

steamrunner wrote:Hey, Bryan, when are you going to release "How to Attain the Rank of Captain by Double-Posting?" :lol:
Probably sometime after Rochey publishes "How to Attain the Rank of I-Wonder-What-Comes-Next by Triple-Posting" :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

If it's post-Destiny Trilogy, those ships are needed way more in the Federation than the Delta Quadrant.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

What's the Destiny trilogy got to do with it? They're books, and therefore non-canon and irrelevant.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.