Voyager
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

SF Debris: Future's End (1 of 3)

Post by Nutso »

Part 1

Brannon Braga wrote this episode.
Opinionated Voyager Episode Guide returns with a look at their trip to the twentieth century. A madman with a time machine shows up to destroy Voyager, but won't explain why because there's no time. Of course.
Part 2
Opinionated Voyager Episode Guide continues its look at Future's End. Stranded in the twentieth century, the crew must use all their ingenuity and resources to overcome Ed Begley Jr's overacting.
Part 3
Opinionated Voyager Episode Guide finishes its look at Future's End. Voyager must thwart the evil plan, save the future, and preach the Starfleet gospel to some militia guys on the way out.
Brannon Braga's from Montana.
Last edited by Nutso on Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: SF Debris: Future's End (1 of 3)

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Chuck has pulled out his "A" material for this one. Hilarious stuff. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

It gets crap, but I really like this story line, its one of the first Voyager episodes I ever saw.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'd give this one an extra point for Sarah Silverman, but I'm a fan.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I enjoy it. It has its flaws that even as a kid when it came out I noticed it. Like the fact a man during the 1960's would even be able to comprehend 29th century tech. Computers back then were the size of whole rooms and couldn't even a run a calculator today. Then he somehow develops a computer that looks like modern day tech that can efficiently hack Voyager's computer. I guess maybe he somehow can use the 29th century ship's computer though that computer.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah with 9 centuries different you are essentially talking about magic.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Part 2
Opinionated Voyager Episode Guide continues its look at Future's End. Stranded in the twentieth century, the crew must use all their ingenuity and resources to overcome Ed Begley Jr's overacting.
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Part 3
Opinionated Voyager Episode Guide finishes its look at Future's End. Voyager must thwart the evil plan, save the future, and preach the Starfleet gospel to some militia guys on the way out.
Stan - South Park