Deep Space Nine
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

SF Debris: House of Quark

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Video Link.

I've always loved this episode. The culture clash is hilarious, with some good insights into both Klingon and Ferengi culture. I would've given it an 8.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SF Debris: House of Quark

Post by Graham Kennedy »

"A brave Ferengi. Who would have thought it?"

Always loved that line.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The follow up episode is pretty good too.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote:The follow up episode is pretty good too.
I watched the two of them back-to-back the other day. And you're right. I wish Grilka had been used more. But at the same time, what we got was great, and more runs the risk of messing up in some way.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
I watched the two of them back-to-back the other day. And you're right. I wish Grilka had been used more. But at the same time, what we got was great, and more runs the risk of messing up in some way.
The first one was a Ferengi episode. Perhaps the best. Though I do like the one with Ferengi commandos just because it's actually funny.

The second one technically not a Ferengi episode but still had its comedy elements.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
The first one was a Ferengi episode. Perhaps the best. Though I do like the one with Ferengi commandos just because it's actually funny.

The second one technically not a Ferengi episode but still had its comedy elements.
I think I preferred the Magnificent Ferengi, but I can't even articulate why. Both show the Ferengi being the best they can be and rising to the top. I dunno. Maybe it's just SF Debris using that shot of them staring at that Vorta's corpse all those times? :D
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

SF Debris also felt the same way about that episode when he reviewed it.

Some of the Ferengi episodes are truly good and truly funny. Then you got the hot pile of shit like the one where Quark is a woman...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote:SF Debris also felt the same way about that episode when he reviewed it.

Some of the Ferengi episodes are truly good and truly funny. Then you got the hot pile of shit like the one where Quark is a woman...
Ugh, Profit and Lace. Fuck that episode. !ouch) It's almost sucky enough to balance the greatness of House of Quark, Looking for Par'Mach in All the Wrong Places, and the Magnificent Ferengi!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I like the idea of a Ferengi episode a season. Everyone knows its coming, and it provides the writes a good break yet challenge. Sure its Ferengi, but how can we expand on the culture.

They kind of did the same with the mirror verse but didnt pull it off as well, as the first episode set it up badly, it wasnt mirror, just different.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.