Fix a DS9 Episode

Deep Space Nine
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Fix a DS9 Episode

Post by Bryan Moore »

Alright - same theme as my TNG thread.

Minor changes that would make a big difference.

For me, there's a lot of little nits, but I really would have liked a little bit more exposition just as to why Gowron really felt the need to break the Khitomer Accords in "Way of the Warrior," other than a way to use the Klingon's as a new foil. As irrational and glory-seeking as Gowron could be, it seemed a bit rash to just say "eff it, we miss fighting and you won't help us fight the Dominion" a whopping 4 years after the Federation saved the Klingon Empire from utter collapse in the Civil War.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Fix a DS9 Episode

Post by Reliant121 »

For some reason, the crash of the Jem'Hadar fighter into the random nebula planet in Rocks and Shoals I think it was called always bugged me. I seem to remember dialogue talking about a lack of intertial dampers which would pretty much kill you etc. Just tweak some dialogue to them trying their best to enter the atmosphere safely and instantly it becomes a lot more believable.

One of my favourite episodes. Keevan is a text book asshole villain but his motivations and logical reasoning are so understandable. DS9 is really good at playing off the morality vs logic thing.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Reliant121 wrote:For some reason, the crash of the Jem'Hadar fighter into the random nebula planet in Rocks and Shoals I think it was called always bugged me. I seem to remember dialogue talking about a lack of intertial dampers which would pretty much kill you etc. Just tweak some dialogue to them trying their best to enter the atmosphere safely and instantly it becomes a lot more believable.

One of my favourite episodes. Keevan is a text book asshole villain but his motivations and logical reasoning are so understandable. DS9 is really good at playing off the morality vs logic thing.
Good one! The fact the whole ship survived but all the crew dead - that should have been a lot messier.

Also, nice new profile pic. Far cry from the swooshed blonde hair and eyeliner from half your life ago!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Bryan Moore wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:For some reason, the crash of the Jem'Hadar fighter into the random nebula planet in Rocks and Shoals I think it was called always bugged me. I seem to remember dialogue talking about a lack of intertial dampers which would pretty much kill you etc. Just tweak some dialogue to them trying their best to enter the atmosphere safely and instantly it becomes a lot more believable.

Good one! The fact the whole ship survived but all the crew dead - that should have been a lot messier.

Also, nice new profile pic. Far cry from the swooshed blonde hair and eyeliner from half your life ago!
*bows* I had the hair up until about two years ago. I'm on my way to being a lawyer now so thought I should probably appear a little more respectable, even if I'm definitely not on the inside!