DS9 in Abrams verse

Deep Space Nine
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

DS9 in Abrams verse

Post by Teaos »

Okay so I put this here since its dealing with DS9 issues.

So Nero came back in the reboot and changed history from that point on.

The main points are: Vulcan is gone and only a small number of Vulcans survive, due to their mating style and the age of many of them we can assume there population never really recovers.

The Federation has hard proof time travel is possible, that the Romulans are going to be a future threat and some other bits of information they could gather from Neros ship.

The Federation is more militant and builds bigger stronger ships at least in the years that follow the Kelvin.

So assuming that, and assuming stuff that is 100% guaranteed to happen, such as the Romulans star going Nova and other events that arent dependent on personal interaction (Maybe Praxis blowing up is still destined?).

What do you think the Federation and alpha/beta quadrants would look like in DS9 era.

Would the Federation be much harder on the Romulans seeing them as a serious future threat. Not signing the treaty not to develope stealth tech. Would they let the Klingon empire fall after Praxis seeing it as a chance to et rid of a enemy.

Would they be able to hold off the Borg or Dominion with out these allies?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: DS9 in Abrams verse

Post by Jim »

The Borg issue... what about Q?

If Spock brings Quantum torpedo tech and other such offensive and defensive systems to the table... plus in depth knowledge of the Borg and Dominion... facing off against them would probably be a lot easier a few hundred years in the future. It is possible that the Federation remains... keeps the same mindset of peace and exploration that it had in TNG and DS9, but they would just be much more powerful.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Can you really see Spock handing over super powerful weapons technology to the Federation of the 2230s though? It seems like that would be very out of character for him.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Agreed, I feel like old Spock would be adamant in refusing to share any advanced intelligence he has on other nations, nor giving informaiton on future technology out of the principle of the temporal prime directive. Even if the future is irreparably changed, it would upset the balance for Spock to give that information away and I feel like he wouldn't do it. At the same time I feel like he may try to offer his advice in situations of diplomatic importance, to perhaps steer the Federation in a direction that avoids confrontations and promotes more peace and friendship between the interstellar nations.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Spook did change when Vulcan blew up, he may justify it im terms of saving his people. He already decided to out himself rather than fade away.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Lt. Staplic wrote:Agreed, I feel like old Spock would be adamant in refusing to share any advanced intelligence he has on other nations, nor giving informaiton on future technology out of the principle of the temporal prime directive.
He's already done precisely that with the long-range transporter technology. While Scotty was working on it, the incident with Porthos clearly indicates that he was having problems, and Spock's help was key to making it work.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The Defiant ends up being more badass and larger? The Sisko isn't affected as a more militant UFP would work better.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Technically at any point after the Kelvin no one we know will be born.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I dunno, this timeline is irrevocably fucked. For once Trek has done time travel and not made it possible to go back to your exact original timeline. The presence of the Narada has obviously already TREMENDOUSLY affected the timeline to the point where this timeline is only superficially resembling the one he came from. It's changed and can't be fixed so what's the point of not giving at least some hints. The Borg, the Dominion, hell, the danger of the supernova itself, at this point what's to be gained by NOT telling this timeline about them so that maybe things aren't as disastrous this time around. You're not giving up intel on other regular races to gain an advantage, you're giving over intel on aggressive, hostile, expansionist powers who's aim is to destroy the Federation. These are not groups to be overly concerned about giving the Fed an advantage against.

There's nothing to be preserved by not telling and there are billions of lives that could be saved by giving them a head's up.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Can you really see Spock handing over super powerful weapons technology to the Federation of the 2230s though? It seems like that would be very out of character for him.
I do not care how Zen you consider Spock to be... I can not see him allowing the Borg to go unchecked.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Yeah. I think the Temporal Prime Directive gets chucked out the window and he starts spilling. Well, more than he already has.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Spock might know about advanced tech, and maybe some info on them. But he is not an engineer. He cant build them. I theoretically know how a internal combustion engine works, But send me back to 1400 and I wont be able to build one, at least not a very good one. I wiould only be able to make them aware of the possibility.

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

He is a scientist, though, with a photographic memory; he'd likely know all of the formulas needed to create working quantum torpedoes, metaphasic shields, and a bunch of other 24th century tech. He remembered the formula for transwarp beaming off the top of his head.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The Federation who's first taste of galactic power was getting its ass kicked and a whole world destroyed. Sorry to the soft handed Spock fans out there but shit is in the fan already. The aftermath is going to be an extremely militant build up following the loss of so many ships. Just picture what happened with the Borg at 359. This was the 359 of the Neo-TOS age only with billions of people lost rather then just thousands.

I can easily picture a UFP coming from this that even I would feel the need to say "slow it down".
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Even if you don't have detailed knowledge simply outlining what you do know and what was successful vs. what wasn't would be incredibly helpful. "Ok, so we never really got tri-cobalts working as anything but demolition munitions, that phaser array idea sounds pretty cool, and quantum torpedos? Ok, so I guess the gerbil powered death ray isn't going anywhere? Got it." Narrowing down advancement to the pathes that are known to be successful could reduce the time necessary to arrive at those advances by decades.