To the Death Question

Deep Space Nine
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

To the Death Question

Post by Sonic Glitch »

How did they repair Upper Pylon 3 so quickly between episodes?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: To the Death Question

Post by McAvoy »

O'Brian.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

:Q
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Captain Seafort wrote::Q
O'Brian using a quantum hammer.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Must have taken a lot of self-sealing stem bolts.
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

What time frame are we looking at?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Less than three weeks, maximum, going by Graham's calculator - that's the time between "To the Death" and "Broken Link", three episodes later and the next one with a stardate.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

3 weeks is certainly fast but not impossible. They have Bajor right there for natural resources and a lot of old Cardassian equipment laying around.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:3 weeks is certainly fast but not impossible. They have Bajor right there for natural resources and a lot of old Cardassian equipment laying around.
I do wonder if that pylon was rebuilt differently than before. Maybe more integrated with Federation technology than before.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

They would probably try so long as it worked with the station still. Although considering it was a rushed non planned repair it probably works worse than before, not better.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Perhaps.

Maybe Starfleet sent all the materials along with Bajor to repair it. After all DS9 is very important. Can't have the station handicapped.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well DS9 is supposed to be a long way from the core.. but we do see people get in Earth in a few days... so who knows how long it would take to get supplies there.

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

At the very least it's repaired by "Body Parts." Also does anyone else find it odd that it is never mentioned again? It's like the attack never happened.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

It it doesn't have to be from Earth.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well that seems to be where the Federation industrial heart is.