Breen Attack on Earth

Deep Space Nine

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby Mikey » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:13 am

Deepcrush wrote:Your post was nothing more then an extended attempt to skirt a midline in a conversation while adding nothing more then your thought that canon only counts if you feel like it. I took the sugar coating off of what you said. If you don't like being pointed out for something, don't do it.


No, my post was about to what a canon reference refers. If Picard had said, "Hey - I really like Earl Grey tea!" then it is canon evidence of the fact that he said it - the canon evidence of the fact that he really does like it comes from the depictions of him enjoying said tea, not from him saying that he does. The situation with the Romulan officer is no different. If you can't understand my posts or choose not to read them, that's your prerogative - but if so, then don't try to comment on them. If instead you're just trying to circumvent how things work because you need artificial support for your ideas, then just nut up and put your ideas out there without attempting to make up shit about the applicability of canon. As you say, "If you don't like being pointed out for something, don't do it."

Deepcrush wrote:Other then the topic at hand which is the Breen attack on Earth.


More specifically, at this point the conversation had focused on the existence of dedicated, specialized planetary bombardment weapons. Try to read the conversation first, I promise it will help.
"We've been over this. We don't shoot first and ask questions later."
"Of course! We never ask questions."
User avatar
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 
Posts: 33315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 am
Location: down the shore, New Jersey, USA

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby McAvoy » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:03 pm

More specifically, at this point the conversation had focused on the existence of dedicated, specialized planetary bombardment weapons. Try to read the conversation first, I promise it will help.


Well at least it is related to the original topic which is a rare thing on derailed topics.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
User avatar
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 am
Location: East Windsor, NJ

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby Mikey » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:30 pm

McAvoy wrote:
More specifically, at this point the conversation had focused on the existence of dedicated, specialized planetary bombardment weapons. Try to read the conversation first, I promise it will help.


Well at least it is related to the original topic which is a rare thing on derailed topics.


Now, what are your opinions on the TR-116? :takecover:
"We've been over this. We don't shoot first and ask questions later."
"Of course! We never ask questions."
User avatar
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 
Posts: 33315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 am
Location: down the shore, New Jersey, USA

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby Tsukiyumi » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:32 pm

:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
User avatar
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: Forward Torpedo Tube Twenty. Help!

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby McAvoy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 am

Mikey wrote:
McAvoy wrote:
More specifically, at this point the conversation had focused on the existence of dedicated, specialized planetary bombardment weapons. Try to read the conversation first, I promise it will help.


Well at least it is related to the original topic which is a rare thing on derailed topics.


Now, what are your opinions on the TR-116? :takecover:


Well.... it looks like a gun that can shoot stuff.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
User avatar
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 am
Location: East Windsor, NJ

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby Tsukiyumi » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:26 am

McAvoy wrote:
Mikey wrote:Now, what are your opinions on the TR-116? :takecover:


Well.... it looks like a gun that can shoot stuff.


Prove it...

Never mind. Nice work McAvoy. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
User avatar
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: Forward Torpedo Tube Twenty. Help!

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby Deepcrush » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:04 am

Really mikey? That's it? Get caught being a dumbass again and you decide to troll over it... While you may miss me, I simply pity you.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
User avatar
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 18917
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Arnold, Maryland, USA

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby Mikey » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:05 am

Deepcrush wrote:Really mikey? That's it? Get caught being a dumbass again and you decide to troll over it... While you may miss me, I simply pity you.


No, rather I tend to ignore commentary which has no basis in reality - such as yours here. However, pity me all you like... if that makes you feel better about yourself, I have no problem with it.
"We've been over this. We don't shoot first and ask questions later."
"Of course! We never ask questions."
User avatar
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 
Posts: 33315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 am
Location: down the shore, New Jersey, USA

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby Teaos » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:39 am

Change of topic...

This thread is now about fire ants.
User avatar
Teaos
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 14681
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:00 am
Location: Behind you!

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby McAvoy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:31 am

Those big red ants that look like they can lift my shoe if I step on them?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
User avatar
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 4091
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 am
Location: East Windsor, NJ

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby Graham Kennedy » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Can a ship shoot enough fire ants to destroy the crust of a planet? :happydevil:
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
User avatar
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8388
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:28 pm
Location: Banbury, UK

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby Mikey » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:22 am

GrahamKennedy wrote:Can a ship shoot enough fire ants to destroy the crust of a planet? :happydevil:



It's not a question of how many ants it shoots, it's a question of how hard it shoots them. ;)
"We've been over this. We don't shoot first and ask questions later."
"Of course! We never ask questions."
User avatar
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
 
Posts: 33315
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:04 am
Location: down the shore, New Jersey, USA

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby Tsukiyumi » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:55 pm

GrahamKennedy wrote:Can a ship shoot enough fire ants to destroy the crust of a planet? :happydevil:


Judging by my lawn, yes.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
User avatar
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:38 pm
Location: Forward Torpedo Tube Twenty. Help!

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby Sonic Glitch » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:07 am

Well you do live in Texas...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
User avatar
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 5843
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 1:11 am
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Postby SomosFuga » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:43 am

Captain Seafort wrote:
SomosFuga wrote:Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. We can't assume those shields exist or not


Yes it is, and yes we can.


No is not. And i guess you can but you would be guessing at best.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
User avatar
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 8:37 pm
Location: Perú

PreviousNext

Return to DS9

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest