Faults of The Sisko

Deep Space Nine
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Faults of The Sisko

Post by Mikey »

Yes, that's much clearer. However, that could be written off as effects of the weapons, not the defensive system.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Possibly. But if you watch the two episodes you can see the blue energy much cleaer and reacts very similar to shielded hits.

But I;ll just mark if off with the weapons interacting with the polarized hull plating.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I certainly wasn't trying to say that you were definitely wrong; just trying to play devil's advocate is all.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Mikey wrote:I certainly wasn't trying to say that you were definitely wrong; just trying to play devil's advocate is all.

I didn't take it that way. I just put the pictures because I thought it was interesting.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Mikey wrote:I certainly wasn't trying to say that you were definitely wrong; just trying to play devil's advocate is all.
I think this man is doing a very good job defending himself as it is. The last thing we need is someone going in his defense... :happydevil:
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I think that was a damned good spot. I've watched those episodes several times, and never caught that. But like they said, I think that's just the energy beam deflecting off the polarized hull plating.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well like I said it happened half through Season 4. I haven't checked all the episodes yet. So either something changed with the polarized hull plating or you could just say a VFX screwup.