Runabouts---How useful are they?

Deep Space Nine
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Runabouts---How useful are they?

Post by SomosFuga »

The only thing i don´t like about the danube is that it is too slow, at least acording to this web site. Could you make a trip from DS9 to Earth on one of those? how log would it take?

We saw that the romulans also have a similar ship, maybe others too.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

SomosFuga wrote:We saw that the romulans also have a similar ship, maybe others too.
The Romulan Shuttle as seen in "DS9: In The Pale Moonlight" or the Scoutship from "TNG: The Defector"? A small ship with half decent range and a cloaking device would be perfect for an antisocial git like me.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I loved that little shuttle.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

SomosFuga wrote:The only thing i don´t like about the danube is that it is too slow, at least acording to this web site. Could you make a trip from DS9 to Earth on one of those? how log would it take?

It went approximately as fast as the NX-01, which was limited to Warp 5 for short bursts but somehow made it to Q'oNos in 4 days. That is, it had a top end of .95 x the speed of plot.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Mikey wrote:
SomosFuga wrote:The only thing i don´t like about the danube is that it is too slow, at least acording to this web site. Could you make a trip from DS9 to Earth on one of those? how log would it take?

It went approximately as fast as the NX-01, which was limited to Warp 5 for short bursts but somehow made it to Q'oNos in 4 days. That is, it had a top end of .95 x the speed of plot.
Like... every ship in science-fiction history? ;)
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

The Danube was always one of my favourites simply because of the fact that it seemed to handle itself so well for its size.
ImageImage