Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Link

Holy shit but he reads those kids the riot act. :D
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: SF Debris: Valiant

Post by McAvoy »

Great entertaining episode. But I can't stand the kids. Nog is an idiot. He is a commissioned officer, he would have instantly out ranked everyone on the ship. They obviously saw themselves as cadets, the elite ones but cadets at the core. Nog should have known better.

Also the fact that the 'captain' was abusing drugs, and the little blonde shit decided to act all hardcore on Jake because he was the only one who saw the madness.

Then again, Jake was on a ship filled with children with egos.

Hell technically enlisted members outrank cadets.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Still a fun episode. One of the best in terms of a enjoyable watch with out to much depth.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

McAvoy wrote:Great entertaining episode. But I can't stand the kids. Nog is an idiot. He is a commissioned officer, he would have instantly out ranked everyone on the ship. They obviously saw themselves as cadets, the elite ones but cadets at the core. Nog should have known better.

Also the fact that the 'captain' was abusing drugs, and the little blonde shit decided to act all hardcore on Jake because he was the only one who saw the madness.

Then again, Jake was on a ship filled with children with egos.

Hell technically enlisted members outrank cadets.
I think Nog just kinda got blinded by the entire 'elite Red Squad' bull being spewed.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

It's not even the first time that's happened to him, either.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

He is a brown noser.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Just makes no sense. Rank is important in the military and it's well known that an elite or top of his class cadet is a cadet no matter what.

The fact that they had trouble running their own ship where as Nov who barely has any experience was able to get the ship up and running.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

McAvoy wrote:Just makes no sense. Rank is important in the military and it's well known that an elite or top of his class cadet is a cadet no matter what.
True, but that wasn't the situation Nog and Jake were presented with - Watters was a Captain, not a cadet. It was a field commission certainly, but no less valid for that. Nog's own commission came in similar, albeit less extreme, circumstances.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Maybe.

He was given a field promotion because therr was no senior officers or even officers left. He was promoted to get the ship repaired before the other did. At that point once they repaired the ship and destroyed their enemy ship they should have went home. But they didn't because they thought they were better than that. Yet they still wore cadet pins. They knew the moment they went back home, they would lose that ship and their fake ranks. Watters and others though probably would have been fast tracked into a fast promotions though.

Nog should have known better and not fall for the Cadet bullshit. He may have had an issue with the crew if he actually acted like he should have.