The Asshole Directive

The Next Generation
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yeah, and the US wasn't the world's police in the '40's... but if we got of our asses and helped the UK out a little earlier, how many fewer millions would be dead?
It was never the duty of the Americans to save those people. The americas joined because they were attacked and Hitler declared war.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

What? Japan attacked the U.S. We joined the ETO because of the various threats posed by Nazi Germany.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Umm no. Hitler Declared war on the States several days after pearl harbor. Historians still debate whether you would have join the war then or ever.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Forget the historians, and think about what makes a little bit of sense to you. If that were the case, we wouldn't have even participated in Lend-Lease with Great Britain.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ok what makes sense. Focusing your already damaged power the on clear and present danger of the Emprire of Japan, which is currently taking over the ocean next to you. Or go to war at the same time with some guy in Europe who wont pose any threat for quite some time.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The "non-threat" which was preventing shipping and buzz-bombing our allies?
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'm saying if Hitler didnt declare war America could well of directed its military at Japan and delt with them first.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think the relevant point is, are you saying that the US should have rather let those millions die because it "wasn't our problem?"
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'm saying they were never obligated to like some are implying they and the Federation are.

The Federation moto is to boldy go, seak out new worlds and all that root. No where does it say to bugger round with others politics.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I don't think anybody here was saying that the UFP should get involved with anyone's politics. But there have been times when a species could have been aided without screwing with them too much, and the UFP response was, "*squawk* Prime Directive! Prime Directive! Want a cracker! *squawk*"
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

How could of they helped with Bajor with out pissing off the Cardassians who while not powerful enought to destroy the Federation are shown to be powerful enough to hurt them.

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Bajor? Who said anything about them? Bajor was already occupied by the Cardassians - they wouldn't be a candidate to fall under the auspices of the PD.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mikey wrote:Bajor? Who said anything about them? Bajor was already occupied by the Cardassians - they wouldn't be a candidate to fall under the auspices of the PD.
On the contrary: Picard quoted the PD not only as the reason for avoiding the issue of the Bajoran occupation, but for refusing to get involved in the Klingon Civil War, despite a request for aid by Gowron under the terms of the alliance.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

They leave the Cardies to slaughter the Bajorans but help hunt down the Maquis. Bizarr
There.

mlsnoopy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mlsnoopy »

I'm saying if Hitler didnt declare war America could well of directed its military at Japan and delt with them first.
And in that time the whole of Europe and Africa would have fallen and america would face an enemy who was better equiped than they were.