The Next Generation
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Captain Jean-Luc Picard to Return?

Post by Nutso »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity- ... n-12778133

Sir Patrick Stewart in talks to return to Star Trek as Captain Jean-Luc Picard
Patrick Stewart may be beamed back for another Star Trek series.

Sir Patrick, 77, is “close to securing a deal” to return as Captain Jean-Luc Picard for a reboot of the Generation series.

The star is keen to reprise his most ­famous part – and deals are close to ­being struck, says a TV source.

An LA source said: “Patrick is ­looking pretty good to get back on board the Enterprise. There are some aspects of the deal to be finalised, but there is a verbal commitment from all parties.”

He said: “There are animated series also in the works, and Patrick could easily lend his voice to them.
How reputable is Mirror?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Captain Jean-Luc Picard to Return?

Post by Captain Seafort »

Nutso wrote:How reputable is Mirror?
They're not the worst piece of shit in the history of humanity, but that's only because the Sun exists.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

A reboot of TNG, a/o an animated series? I smell shenanigans.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

No reason for him to do it. Stale idea and he has lots of othere work he can do.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Alexbright99
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Alexbright99 »

The prospect certainly is appealing. He'd only agree to it if the alleged new series has the potential to be good.

Yeah, I know I sound naïve, but a man can dream, right? :P
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I dunno. Like all the new series, I am honestly so burned by... well, recent events, shall we say... that I just don't have faith that anything good will come out of CBS when it comes to Trek.

I guess I'll wait and see.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I just hope he yells at Commander Wesley to shut up.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Graham Kennedy wrote:I dunno. Like all the new series, I am honestly so burned by... well, recent events, shall we say... that I just don't have faith that anything good will come out of CBS when it comes to Trek.

I guess I'll wait and see.
We're finally seeing Trek moving forward within its universe, finally continuing where Voyager/Nemesis left off. That's some good news.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

Nutso wrote: We're finally seeing Trek moving forward within its universe, finally continuing where Voyager/Nemesis left off. That's some good news.
With the problem that future events are already partially written (romulus destruction for example)

Even if it fits well with the "imaginary future" of Q in All Good Things,

1) Romulus is destroyed
2) The Romulan empire loses the major center of population and industry and ends in chaos
3) the Klingon empire attacks and conquers the Romulan Empire
4) the Federation breaks the alliance with the Klingons
"in casa dal 4 marzo, come sono felice"
"at home since March 4th, how happy I am"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

bladela wrote:
Nutso wrote: We're finally seeing Trek moving forward within its universe, finally continuing where Voyager/Nemesis left off. That's some good news.
With the problem that future events are already partially written (romulus destruction for example)

Even if it fits well with the "imaginary future" of Q in All Good Things,

1) Romulus is destroyed
2) The Romulan empire loses the major center of population and industry and ends in chaos
3) the Klingon empire attacks and conquers the Romulan Empire
4) the Federation breaks the alliance with the Klingons
If they did that, I would be happy. I suspect they won't do that, though.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

me too.

sure that Picard (and Stewart) begins to have a certain age to be "only" captain..
bladela
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by bladela »

Facebook post by Stewart : https://www.facebook.com/patrickstewart ... 88/?type=3
I will always be very proud to have been a part of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but when we wrapped that final movie in the spring of 2002, I truly felt my time with Star Trek had run its natural course. It is, therefore, an unexpected but delightful surprise to find myself excited and invigorated to be returning to Jean-Luc Picard and to explore new dimensions within him. Seeking out new life for him, when I thought that life was over.

During these past years, it has been humbling to hear stories about how The Next Generation brought people comfort, saw them through difficult periods in their lives or how the example of Jean-Luc inspired so many to follow in his footsteps, pursuing science, exploration and leadership. I feel I'm ready to return to him for the same reason – to research and experience what comforting and reforming light he might shine on these often very dark times. I look forward to working with our brilliant creative team as we endeavor to bring a fresh, unexpected and pertinent story to life once more.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

This is the best damned news I've heard all day! :D
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Okay, here is my prediction. Stick a pin in it, see how I did in a year or two.

I predict : The new show will be a "Starfleet Academy" show, and Patrick Stewart's role will be as the head of the Academy. His role in the show will basically be to have a scene near the start where he talks to some students, hands out an assignment, etc. He'll have a scene at the end where he discusses the lesson they learned from whatever happened. He may have a scene or two in between where he gives a failing cadet a pep talk. Most of these scenes will be in his office. He will be in each episode no more than ten minutes, and usually more like five. The episodes will actually be about the students, who will all be pretty young things.

Why? The man is almost eighty. As well as he has aged, I doubt he's going to be able to do a full TV schedule again. So they'll Angela Lansbury him and arrange the show to give him the lightest possible workload for any given episode. Two or three scenes per episode, all on one set. Couple of short days worth of work per week for him.