How The TNG Finale Influenced ‘Infinity War’ (Spoilers)

The Next Generation
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

How The TNG Finale Influenced ‘Infinity War’ (Spoilers)

Post by Nutso »

https://trekmovie.com/2018/03/11/marvel ... eat-links/
How Star Trek: The Next Generation helps the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige was interviewed this week by Entertainment Weekly and the discussion turned to wrapping up arcs for some of the characters in the upcoming film Avengers: Infinity War. The man in charge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe said he learned a lesson from the series finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation, that you don’t necessarily have to kill off a character to close their character arc, saying:

When we talk about resolution or a character’s story ending, are we necessarily talking about death?
People always will jump to that. That’s not necessarily what we’re talking about. I talk a lot, because I’m a big-ass nerd, about Star Trek: The Next Generation, “All Good Things.” That to me is one of the best series finales ever. That wasn’t about death. Picard went and played poker with the crew, something he should have done a long time ago, right?
Also I recommend you guys click the link because thee's more Trek stuff in there.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: How The TNG Finale Influenced ‘Infinity War’ (Spoilers)

Post by Bryan Moore »

Great find here! I have next to no interest in Marvel anything, but it's great to see the influence of "All Good Things" (Which I'm 3 episodes from reaching on Netflix) on other series' writing.

Trekmovie.com tends to have a lot of great tidbits, but I am apt to forget to check it too often. Thanks for the reminder.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?