Pakleds

The Next Generation
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

A very plausible theory. A person (or species) may possess a high level of cunning without a high level of classical intelligence.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Sounds like a good theory, Ian. Makes sense, at any rate. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Captain Peabody »

Theory: The Pakled race consists of large numbers of Type A Pakleds (we'll call them Morons for the sake of conciseness), and a very few Type B, smart Pakleds (we'll call them Smart People), who design all the technology for the Morons to build. Each Pakled ship consists of numerous Morons and one Smart Person, who tells all the Morons on the ship what to do. Unfortunately, the particular ship the E-D found in Samaritan Snare had lost their Smart Person in some accident or whatever; without him, the remaining Morons wandered aimlessly around for a while until their equipment broke down and they called for help.

Plausible? :D
"Lo, blessed are our ears for they have heard;
Yea, blessed are our eyes for they have seen:
Let the thunder break on man and beast and bird
And the lightning. It is something to have been."

-The Great Minimum, G.K. Chesterton
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Captain Peabody wrote:Theory: The Pakled race consists of large numbers of Type A Pakleds (we'll call them Morons for the sake of conciseness), and a very few Type B, smart Pakleds (we'll call them Smart People), who design all the technology for the Morons to build. Each Pakled ship consists of numerous Morons and one Smart Person, who tells all the Morons on the ship what to do. Unfortunately, the particular ship the E-D found in Samaritan Snare had lost their Smart Person in some accident or whatever; without him, the remaining Morons wandered aimlessly around for a while until their equipment broke down and they called for help.

Plausible? :D
Doesn't really explain why they tried to kidnap Geordie. They could have just said thanks and went on their way. Or simply asked to be taken home.
email, ergo spam
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Doesn't really explain why they tried to kidnap Geordie. They could have just said thanks and went on their way. Or simply asked to be taken home.
Well, perhaps the Pakleds had previously been Space pirates, with the Smart Person using his Prodigous Intellect (TM) to trick people into getting better and better technology; when on their own, the Pakleds thought they'd try the same thing, but without their Smart Person...it didn't work too well.

IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Captain Peabody wrote:
Well, perhaps the Pakleds had previously been Space pirates, with the Smart Person using his Prodigous Intellect (TM) to trick people into getting better and better technology; when on their own, the Pakleds thought they'd try the same thing, but without their Smart Person...it didn't work too well.
To quote Monty Python, "He's making it up as he goes along...".
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Well, yes, he is... but it's possible that kidnapping Geordi was an attempt to correct their "Smart Person" deficiency.
as Bull offed Custer
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Mikey wrote:Well, yes, he is... but it's possible that kidnapping Geordi was an attempt to correct their "Smart Person" deficiency.
Except they didn't claim to be looking for smart people, they said "we look for things, things to make us go". Also, there's someone in the credits as "Pakled Captain", which you would imagine to be the smartest of them, he wasn't dead.
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Well, there is that...
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

To quote Monty Python, "He's making it up as he goes along...".
Well, duh... :lol:

Not bad for the spur of the moment, huh?

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Also, there's someone in the credits as "Pakled Captain", which you would imagine to be the smartest of them, he wasn't dead.
Although I don't remember that episode, is it possible that the Captain got that rank due to being the toughest and strongest, rather than the smartest?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Rochey wrote:
Also, there's someone in the credits as "Pakled Captain", which you would imagine to be the smartest of them, he wasn't dead.
Although I don't remember that episode, is it possible that the Captain got that rank due to being the toughest and strongest, rather than the smartest?
Whilst that is an option in general, in this case they were much of a muchness. They weren't actually all that threatening.
email, ergo spam
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Not only that, but they were easily fooled by LaForge.(Oh no, the Crimson Force Field!!!) Talk about gullible!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Whilst that is an option in general, in this case they were much of a muchness. They weren't actually all that threatening.
Ah, okay then.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Pakleds

Post by Mark »

Maybe this is just a dumber than most crew? Not saying that Pakleds are geniues, but these guys seem a little to slow
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.