Federation Cell Ship

The Next Generation
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Federation Cell Ship

Post by Meste17 »

Coalition wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Again what is purpose of the ship?
Redshirt removal service.

If used in combat, these things would get popped faster than the Lysian sentry drones.

As an unmanned drone they might present enough targets to give the opposing side trouble (similar to the recent Star Trek: Beyond movie), but once the opponent deploys a fast-firing weapon they will be popping all over the place.
True, but the Enterprise didn't have one at the time cuz they had no knowledge of the fleet of swarm ships in question .... until AFTER the fact when the Enterprise was destroyed in the battle, and even then the weapons of the Enterprise seemed to fire pretty fast, phaser wise, but they had minimal to no effect, and the photon torpedoes couldn't track the swarm ships because they were too fast to hit. The only way that Captain Kirk and his crew defeated them was by literally broadcasting (at the time) old "classical" music that disrupted their signals and caused the ships to collide with each other. Anyone wanna question the validity or the usefulness of fighters now? (just joking haha) -_-
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Meste17 wrote: True, but the Enterprise didn't have one at the time cuz they had no knowledge of the fleet of swarm ships in question .... until AFTER the fact when the Enterprise was destroyed in the battle, and even then the weapons of the Enterprise seemed to fire pretty fast, phaser wise, but they had minimal to no effect, and the photon torpedoes couldn't track the swarm ships because they were too fast to hit. The only way that Captain Kirk and his crew defeated them was by literally broadcasting (at the time) old "classical" music that disrupted their signals and caused the ships to collide with each other. Anyone wanna question the validity or the usefulness of fighters now? (just joking haha) -_-

Here are the threads that have discussed fighters in Star Trek:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8445
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7949
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7800
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4264
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1478

Enjoy :lol:
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Well, only 60% of those were actually started by our current OP. :lol:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer