Yesterday's Enterprise

The Next Generation
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Duskofdead wrote:
Wouldn't Worf have been dead? The Ent-C defending Narendra III eased tensions with the Klingons and a Federation starship apparently came afterwards to help with the emergency response. That's how Worf was saved by humans and raised by them. No Ent-C, hostility with the Klingons, poor dead Worf. :(
He probably would have been rescued by the Klingons, the only reason he was picked up by Chief Rozhenko was because the Feds got there first and then got told them that he had no living relatives. How do you figure the Klingons knew that if they didn't respond? So he would have been picked up by the lobster heads, he might have had to forage for food for a while though. But even a two year old can do that.
Capt. Jethro
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re:

Post by Capt. Jethro »

Rochey wrote:Well, now that B&B are gone, they might be able to do it some justice.
No kidding, where is an agony booth when you need one?
American by birth, southern by the grace of God!
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Re: Yesterday's Enterprise

Post by Bryan Moore »

I watched this episode when it was aired as part of the group of fan favorite episodes on Sci Fi channel on Labor Day. Still a favorite, an excellent bit of writing. If anything, I wish they'd made this a two-parter, though. Part of me would have loved to see Tasha and the Enterprise-C actually fighting Warbirds, a big disruptor blast hits the bridge and then BLACK, episode ends.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I wonder if the E-D really COULD have beat four older Warbirds. E-C must have been at least an even match for one of them, but I maybe it was a match for at least two. E-D noway could take on four Ambassador Class ships, so I'm scratching my chin.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Warbirds of the time always seemed just like the BoPs to be behind the standard SF design. Atleast until the TNG era.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Maybe not on its own. If the both Enterprises went back together then possibly.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

What sucks is we don't know much about the Warbirds of the time. Though, myself, I've always thought of them as most likely the equal of the Excelsior class. So, an Ambassador class should be able to take on 2 of them without much trouble.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Even if the warbirds had less power they had numbers which is a rather large advantage, especially against something as slow as an Ambassador class ship.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Teaos wrote:Even if the warbirds had less power they had numbers which is a rather large advantage, especially against something as slow as an Ambassador class ship.
We really have no idea of the speed/maeuverability of a warbird which was contemporary with the Ambassador. When you say "...as slow as an Ambassador," we can really on judge it on its speed relative to its opponents, and we have no basis for that comparison.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Hmm true, but it would be hard to be less agile than an Ambassador :P

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

When we saw it in YE, it was both attempting to hold a defensive, and therefore static, position; and was already damaged. I don't see how to judge the class' typical manueverability.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I'm judging it as a more primitive GCS, which is basically what it is.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I wouldn't be overly surprised if it wasn't that maneouverable. It looks about as good on turning as a brick.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

You don't need to be streamlined in space.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You don't need to bank or swoop in space, either, but try telling the Feds that. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"