Kumari lineage

The Next Generation
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Kumari lineage

Post by Meste17 »

Okay, so we have a counterpart to the USS Enterprise: the IGS Kumari, an Andorian battlecruiser that was named for the first ice cutter to circumnavigate the ice moon of Andoria (much as how Enterprise sailed Earth's oceans during the ancient times from the 15th century beyond). However, the history of Star Trek has QUITE shown, on MULTIPLE occasions, that starship names will be re-used during times (the Excalibur being one of the more well known examples, as well as the Hood and the Lexington, etc. and so forth). So here is the basis of this discussion:

If we saw Starfleet use the name Kumari for its vessels, much as how Shran predicted would happen as per the ebook "The Future Begins," what are the most likely of classes that you see the Kumari name being used on?
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Kumari lineage

Post by McAvoy »

Lollipop class destroyer and the Gumdrop class. In the 24th century the Gummibear class tug.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I predict you will see the name being used exclusively on the soon-to-be launched class known as the "Its a human Federation and all alien species are marginalized" transport.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

O_O O_O
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Or the ship could be used in the Andorian local defense fleet.

Maybe the reason why Starlet is mostly human names is because Starfleet back in the 22nd century became more vocal and prominent in defending the Federation than the other members.

So Starfleet doesn't name their ships when the major powers with powerful local fleets have named their ships with their local names. So they can't share the same names.

I have no idea if that makes sense. I just did five shots and three beers in an hour.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"