Nebula class questions

The Next Generation
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Nebula class questions

Post by McAvoy »

You can easily make the argument that the modular capability is better than the Galaxy which is more limited in how adaptable it could become.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Teaos wrote:Its not the sexiest ship out there, but I think the Nebual is by far Starfleets best design in early TNG era.
Agreed. Though whilst it might not be considered sexy, its one of the best looking ships of the era IMO.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I think it and the GCS are to cluncky to be considered attractive.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by katefan »

Teaos wrote:I think it and the GCS are to cluncky to be considered attractive.
I think the Nebula looks better, but I agree that overall neither one is a very elegant design. Now me? I've always been fond of the Ambassador class. I just think it looks nicer overall.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think the Ambassador is worse than the GCS.

In terms of pure sexiness, Sovereign, Akira, Nova.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

The Ambassador has always been my favourite Starfleet design. Not the foggiest why, just a strong attraction to it.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I'm going to have to go against the grain here, aesthetically I kinda like the Galaxy
Bite my shiny metal ass
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Griffin wrote:I'm going to have to go against the grain here, aesthetically I kinda like the Galaxy
So do I. It has always been my favorite design (well that PLUS the reason that the Enterprise-D just happened to be QUITE LITERALLY the first ever Star Trek toy that I have ever had). ^_^ ^_^
dagadget
Senior chief petty officer

Post by dagadget »

Meste17 wrote:Why is the Nebula class considered a heavy cruiser? She looks more to me like the Reliant of that century, being to the Galaxy class what the Miranda was to the Constitution class of the 23rd century. True she has a secondary hull, but she looks AT MOST a medium cruiser to me. :)
Actually the Nebula is almost as large as a Galaxy and the compactness of the design actually makes it easier to shield because the shield volume is smaller, same power supply smaller area makes for a stronger shield per power used. The only drawback is the warp efficiency is less than a Galaxy class. All in all Heavy cruiser fits this ship class rather well. After all it has a great deal in common with it's cousin the Galaxy Class.
dagadget

Post by dagadget »

Griffin wrote:I'm going to have to go against the grain here, aesthetically I kinda like the Galaxy

The Galaxy class does look rather nice :)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I like the Galaxy myself. I have no reason behind it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

I like the four nacelle excelsior variants for symmetry.
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

I like the Galaxy too, though I still question having families aboard a Starship.

Have to say, Enterprise D was a lot more impressive when future Riker added a cloacking device and a ruddy big gun to it.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I just dont like its lines. Its fat and unbalanced.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:I just dont like its lines. Its fat and unbalanced.
The saucer makes it look that way. Especially up close.