New Enterprise Look - Answer

The Next Generation
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New Enterprise Look - Answer

Post by Meste17 »

This is the new Enterprise I was talking about! :D To answer everyone's question. Yes it isn't my design, but I feel that the person who made this was on to something. What do you think?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: New Enterprise Look - Answer

Post by Teaos »

For something 3 generations removed from the E-E, it looks remarkably similar just more pointy. By the time they get to M is it just going to be a pin?

Considering you were planning the E-H this looks more like the E-F.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Teaos wrote:For something 3 generations removed from the E-E, it looks remarkably similar just more pointy.
It looks more pointy if you really squint. You could slap an image into paint and stretch it a bit and there would be more of a difference.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Maybe the general shape.

But yeah someone just skewed and stretched a Sovereign pic.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Spocky
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Spocky »

New Enterprise; Sovereign Refit.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Spocky wrote:New Enterprise; Sovereign Refit.
Yeah, the only issue I see is that it's supposed to be the Enterprise-H, and unless Starfleet rapidly lost E, F, and G, I don't see H as being a refit Sovereign.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

FYI this is the E-H design by an old member of the forum, and one of the best designers I know. He did some great work but hasnt been around for ages.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Teaos wrote:FYI this is the E-H design by an old member of the forum, and one of the best designers I know. He did some great work but hasnt been around for ages.
That's far more like it, and a great design. I can picture that as the H much easier.

(Edit: It's also only 2 meters less than I suggested for Meste).
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

He did a whole series from the E-E to the E-J (My least favorite of any Trek ship) and showed the design evolution.

Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Teaos wrote:He did a whole series from the E-E to the E-J (My least favorite of any Trek ship) and showed the design evolution.
Is it on this site? If so I will dredge through the forums, I would be interested in seeing his ideas.

When I first saw the E-J I kinda liked it. Then it went rapidly downhill from there. That's the problem with delving too much into the future without any real thought I guess, though.

At least the guy who did this design has made some effort to create a design lineage.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The E-J is a giant pizza cutter.

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Teaos wrote:FYI this is the E-H design by an old member of the forum, and one of the best designers I know. He did some great work but hasnt been around for ages.

Well Teaos, then I'd see he has already thought of the crew too. :( I didn't want to copy off of someone else's design....hence WHY I posted all those polls on there.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I was just giving an example of a design, how he evolved it from one ship to another, though of logical reasons for things like crew, weapons ect. You can do what ever you like for your ship, this is just an example of someone elses idea for the E-H.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:
Teaos wrote:He did a whole series from the E-E to the E-J (My least favorite of any Trek ship) and showed the design evolution.
Is it on this site? If so I will dredge through the forums, I would be interested in seeing his ideas.

When I first saw the E-J I kinda liked it. Then it went rapidly downhill from there. That's the problem with delving too much into the future without any real thought I guess, though.

At least the guy who did this design has made some effort to create a design lineage.
Ask and ye shall receive...

E-F

E-G

E-H

E-I

E-J

These are all done by a old member around here called Darkomen. Some of his other work is in the Art and Design Forum but a lot of it is missing as he removed a lot of his older work. But he was an amazing designer, really though through the evolution of design and the practical aspects of ship design with out making them wanky.

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Teaos wrote:I was just giving an example of a design, how he evolved it from one ship to another, though of logical reasons for things like crew, weapons ect. You can do what ever you like for your ship, this is just an example of someone elses idea for the E-H.
Well, would it be alright if I used this then? Just give the credit to someone else? I want to use whatever shape will attract the most praise, but at the same time use the specs we have on the posts.