No votes

Total votes: 6
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: New Enterprise Look - Part I: Size

Post by Teaos »

But it makes it almost impossible to plan. So far in the future, so many factors to keep in mind, other support ships ect. It's pure imagination.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Thats my point. It would be a better guess if we go for Enterprise F.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

SomosFuga wrote:Why Enterprise H? what about F and G?
To rephrase the question, "Why are we starting the new series with the Enterprise D and not the A/B/C?"

Maybe he wants to start his fanfic universe (i think he mentioned it somewhere) far enough down the timeline that he doesn't have to worry too much about what current Trek is doing.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The issue with that is that it is far in the future, absolutely everything is changed. Ever class of ship, balances of power, history, enemy policewoman movements ect ect. It is almost unmanageably far.

Considering the device life of Fed ships, the EE could be around for decades more and even then it could still be replaced with another Sov just upgraded.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
SomosFuga wrote:Why Enterprise H? what about F and G?
To rephrase the question, "Why are we starting the new series with the Enterprise D and not the A/B/C?"

Maybe he wants to start his fanfic universe (i think he mentioned it somewhere) far enough down the timeline that he doesn't have to worry too much about what current Trek is doing.

Good point. Maybe he wants to do a Next Generation TNG. However it still stands that there is no concrete path to take to reach that design.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Teaos wrote:The issue with that is that it is far in the future, absolutely everything is changed. Ever class of ship, balances of power, history, enemy policewoman movements ect ect. It is almost unmanageably far.

Considering the device life of Fed ships, the EE could be around for decades more and even then it could still be replaced with another Sov just upgraded.
Precisely why we need a more detailed background and some sort of history for events between the E and H, something more to go on.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:
Teaos wrote:The issue with that is that it is far in the future, absolutely everything is changed. Ever class of ship, balances of power, history, enemy policewoman movements ect ect. It is almost unmanageably far.

Precisely why we need a more detailed background and some sort of history for events between the E and H, something more to go on.
That would be a good start.

In the OP we are far beyond (lets say 100 years) anything we have seen in the future of TNG era like All good thinks or End Game and in those eps the ships looks the same as in TNG era but have cooler features.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

But those epoxies were just a few decades in the future.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I am thinking you meant episodes.

I am figuring the E-H could be around 2450. Which means you have to figure out the history and technology progression from Nemesis onwards.

Honestly, a good start for ideas is Starfleet Museum. Maseo created a whole universe out of nothing.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

That´s a great web but is mostly about old ships.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Yes old ships as in an previously unexplored part of the Trek universe prior to Enterprise. But it gives a blue print.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

They should have gave him the production of ENT. How great it could have been.

Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I love the Starfleet Museum site, he has some great work on there.
SomosFuga wrote:They should have gave him the production of ENT. How great it could have been.
Definitely!
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Well, after all is said and done, I have decided on a length of 993 meters. What do all of you think? Please be honest.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think a Prime number would be better.