New Enterprise Look

The Next Generation

What do you want the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-H to look like?

Size
No votes
- <700m
No votes
-700-1000m
50%
-1000 - 1500m
25%
- 1500m >
25%

Total votes: 4
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New Enterprise Look

Post by Meste17 »

I am officially making a poll (and my first one I might add, so some helpful opinions would be welcome) if I did this right, you will see the poll below.

What should the Enterprise-H look like?
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: New Enterprise Look

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Do you have some idea when it is in service?

For all we know, the E, F, and G could be gotten through very quickly, and the H could be just 20-25 years post-Nemesis.

Alternatively they may all have long and illustrious careers, and the H may not be commissioned for another century.

(I didn't know whether to put this is this thread or your other one, but I figured this is the new thread).
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Needs a history IMO.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

The Ambassador class was in production for almost 30 years before the Galaxy replaced it (DITL), while the Galaxy was only in service for 10 years before the Sovereign came along. Different roles, really, and the Enterprise designation was only assigned to the new class because it was the most advanced, I'd assume.

Another thing to consider is the gap between the Enterprise C being destroyed, and the E-D being launched - a period of 20 years.

So, there could be major gaps between Enterprises, or none at all. Some may go down in battle and be replaced immediately, or serve for decades.

We know the E-E was in service as late as 2379 (repairs at the end of Nemesis rather than decommissioning); the Enterprise-F might have launched a few years later, or 10 years later.

Etc.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:Do you have some idea when it is in service?

For all we know, the E, F, and G could be gotten through very quickly, and the H could be just 20-25 years post-Nemesis.

Alternatively they may all have long and illustrious careers, and the H may not be commissioned for another century.

(I didn't know whether to put this is this thread or your other one, but I figured this is the new thread).

Yes. I watched it launched in 2459 and continue all the way to 2517, when she is destroyed and the I is in service.