Questions on the new Enterprise

The Next Generation
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Questions on the new Enterprise

Post by Meste17 »

So we've seen how Starfleet ships progress in the years to come. I'm wondering what the Enterprise-H should look like: Tall and strong, something that looks like the Galaxy class, or something sleek and fast like the Sovereign class?
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Questions on the new Enterprise

Post by McAvoy »

Well it could be a 500 mile diameter sphere with a giant laser capable of destroying planets for all we know.

The E-E is still around and you would still need the F and then the G before there will be a H. So you could assume there would be a progression of design ideas from E-E to E-F to E-G to E-H.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

McAvoy wrote:Well it could be a 500 mile diameter sphere with a giant laser capable of destroying planets for all we know.
Whoa... that sounds vaguely familiar...

As for the H... I'd suggest doing what they did for the C. Take the Enterprise E and the Enterprise J and design something that is half way between the two.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

McAvoy wrote:Well it could be a 500 mile diameter sphere with a giant laser capable of destroying planets for all we know.

The E-E is still around and you would still need the F and then the G before there will be a H. So you could assume there would be a progression of design ideas from E-E to E-F to E-G to E-H.

So would you rather see something tall like the E-D or sleek like the E-E?
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

It could be a flat ship for all I know.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

McAvoy wrote:It could be a flat ship for all I know.
He's not asking about what you/we know, he's asking what you think it would look like if you were to design one.

Surely we've all done this at some point in our lives, imagined our own next generation of Starfleet ships.

As for me, I'm gonna think about it.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I never jumped that far ahead when I was younger. I think the farthest I went was slightly past 2400.

We have an idea what E-J looks like. So we can have a general idea of what the progression may be.

It can be a tall ship or a sleak ship. Could be an oddball looking ship. Just depends on what the progression has gone.

Me personally? Sleak because that is the direction they seem to be going.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I never liked the E-J we saw in ENT, looked like a older design that it should and like a pizza cutter.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
Whoa... that sounds vaguely familiar...

As for the H... I'd suggest doing what they did for the C. Take the Enterprise E and the Enterprise J and design something that is half way between the two.
You mind drawing a picture? Just to show us?
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
McAvoy wrote:It could be a flat ship for all I know.
He's not asking about what you/we know, he's asking what you think it would look like if you were to design one.

Surely we've all done this at some point in our lives, imagined our own next generation of Starfleet ships.

As for me, I'm gonna think about it.
Exactly Sonic Glitch! Show me a pic of what you honestly think. ^_^ ^_^
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Why not draw us a picture?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Meste17, you seem to spend an awful lot of time asking other people to do your homework for you. If you think there should be an Enterprise-H then by all means ask other people for input on developing it, but it's your idea and it's really up to you to draw it or write specs for it or whatever else your goal is. Asking people for input and then asking them to draw/write/design it for you is a bit demanding.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Meste17, you seem to spend an awful lot of time asking other people to do your homework for you. If you think there should be an Enterprise-H then by all means ask other people for input on developing it, but it's your idea and it's really up to you to draw it or write specs for it or whatever else your goal is. Asking people for input and then asking them to draw/write/design it for you is a bit demanding.
Oh....my apologies. I thought that I would ask if people would want to earn some credit for getting their inputs in. Make this a team effort you know? I assure you I was NOT trying to demand. Just offer a chance to put your inputs in.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Meste17, you seem to spend an awful lot of time asking other people to do your homework for you. If you think there should be an Enterprise-H then by all means ask other people for input on developing it, but it's your idea and it's really up to you to draw it or write specs for it or whatever else your goal is. Asking people for input and then asking them to draw/write/design it for you is a bit demanding.

I thought I was the only one who noticed.

Meste, look. I would like to see you draw something. For me I would like to think I draw pretty decent. But I will not spend time to draw up something. This is not a drawing forum.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

You could always set up polls.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939