Borg Cube

The Next Generation
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Borg Cube

Post by Meste17 »

Is it possible for Starfleet to find an abandoned Borg Cube like the Starship Voyager did in Unity, and use it to their advantage? Maybe even half rebel Borg like Hugh use a Cube for their own purposes, like how the Cylons had the rebel Basestar in Battlestar Galactica?
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: Borg Cube

Post by Jim »

If they did you know that they would keep having issues with trogen horses and the Borg continually taking back control of parts of the cube, if not the entire cube.

The cube would also not be a "powerful" as the Starfleet crew would not be nearly as efficient at detecting issues within the cube and making repairs etc.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

They would never leave it whole. It's far to dangerous, break it up and study it, but that even be to dangerous.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I would steer clear of Borg Cubes, dead or not. I can't believe the Borg never left an "abandoned" for some unsuspecting suckers to cannibalize, only for it to be a trap. The Borg came up with a time-travel strategy, but not a Venus flytrap?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Nutso wrote:I would steer clear of Borg Cubes, dead or not. I can't believe the Borg never left an "abandoned" for some unsuspecting suckers to cannibalize, only for it to be a trap. The Borg came up with a time-travel strategy, but not a Venus flytrap?
Haha EXCELLENT point! XP -_- XP -_-