Borg Transwarp ship questions.

The Next Generation
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Borg Transwarp ship questions.

Post by Meste17 »

I looked at the specs for this ship on DITL website and the Overall Strength Index has been rated as 999,999.99, yet when I do the Starship Strength Calculator, it is rated at 7,106,872.09. Do you like just rate anything over 1,000,000 at 999,999.99? Is that the highest that you will go? :)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Borg Transwarp ship questions.

Post by Teaos »

999,999 is more family friendly than saying "You're fucked"
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I think that is an example of an anomaly in the scale. Mathematically, with the metrics used in the scale, certain inputs result in an inaccurate rating. A Danube class with warp 9.99999837 capability has an overall strength rating of 7,085,396, for example.

Remove the warp factor from the equation, and the Danube is rated at 42, while the Borg Teapot is rated at 21,518.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Needs greater diminishing returns. Anything after 9.999 is waste, then pre determined bonus points for things like trams warp, slip stream ect.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Teaos wrote:999,999 is more family friendly than saying "You're fucked"

O_O Hmmm......yeah. You're right. You MIGHT have a point right there. ;) XP haha
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The correct strength is 7,106,872 - most of that coming from the immense speed score.

The site isn't displaying it, probably because the number is too big for the way the page is formatted. Should be a simple fix, I will put it on Ian's "to do" list once he's back from his cruise.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

GrahamKennedy wrote:The correct strength is 7,106,872 - most of that coming from the immense speed score.

The site isn't displaying it, probably because the number is too big for the way the page is formatted. Should be a simple fix, I will put it on Ian's "to do" list once he's back from his cruise.
Okay cool. ^_^