The Mirror Universe

The Next Generation
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Re: The Mirror Universe

Post by Griffin »

I'll have to give it another go then, it has admittedly been a while since I watched any DS9.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I always thought DS9's mirror universe was okay in and of itself, more or less, but it was a terrible, terrible take on the actual point of THE mirror universe. It's like watching a Alien sequel that's a romantic comedy. It might be a GOOD romantic comedy, but it's still missing the point.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The first two episodes were fine. Kira was over done I think. Off hand, I really can't think how 'mirror' you can make Kira though.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Bi sexual apparently.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well the real Kira wasn't the mirror of bi-sexual though. Maybe that was part of the personality that the mirror Kira had. Being outgoing and all.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

McAvoy wrote:Maybe that was part of the personality that the mirror Kira had. Being outgoing and all.
That makes sense; the "normal" Kira was rather repressed and introverted, so the mirror version let all of that internal turmoil spill out. On a personal note, I always thought Kira was attractive; exponentially so as the Intendent. That's just me, though.

I recently started rewatching DS9 from the beginning on Netflix; I purposely skipped some of the weaker episodes, including the first mirror universe episode. Perhaps I will give it a go after all.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Tsukiyumi wrote:On a personal note, I always thought Kira was attractive; exponentially so as the Intendent. That's just me, though.
No it isn't. :)
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Never did it for me. Ezri all the way.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Hey, I'm the guy who thought the Borg Queen was attractive... :)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Janeway in a crotchless catsuit?

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Maybe that was part of the personality that the mirror Kira had. Being outgoing and all.
That makes sense; the "normal" Kira was rather repressed and introverted, so the mirror version let all of that internal turmoil spill out. On a personal note, I always thought Kira was attractive; exponentially so as the Intendent. That's just me, though.

I recently started rewatching DS9 from the beginning on Netflix; I purposely skipped some of the weaker episodes, including the first mirror universe episode. Perhaps I will give it a go after all.
I read on Memory Alpha that Nana Visitor basically chose to play the Intendant as (and described her as) "In love with herself." ... I guess that's a fairly accurate description.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Teaos wrote:Never did it for me. Ezri all the way.
Bashir for me.

I generally enjoy the Mirror Universe epsiodes, but they appear to be a different Mirror than that of TOS (though in canon they may supposed to be the same).
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:
Teaos wrote:Never did it for me. Ezri all the way.
Bashir for me.

I generally enjoy the Mirror Universe epsiodes, but they appear to be a different Mirror than that of TOS (though in canon they may supposed to be the same).
They are supposed to be the same, with the nature changed because of Kirks interaction with Mirror Spock -- kind a Fall of Rome era I guess.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

GrahamKennedy wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:On a personal note, I always thought Kira was attractive; exponentially so as the Intendent. That's just me, though.
No it isn't. :)
Seconded.

A Young Nana Visitor was always attractive to me.