"There are always possibilities...."

The Next Generation
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

"There are always possibilities...."

Post by Meste17 »

Well, another thought that comes to my mind: I wonder what other classes the Enterprises could be possibly.

For example, maybe an Akira class with a registry of NCC-64678, or maybe even a Nebula class with a registry of NCC-60240.... Hmmm.... ;)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: "There are always possibilities...."

Post by Teaos »

Wouldnt be an Akira, ENterprises are alwyas flagships and thus the biggest cruisers/battleships. Nebula... maybe, but its out classed by the Galaxy.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Good point, but still...... :)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The only classes the Enterprise could potentially be would either be Nebula or Prometheus. Neither of which work with the idea of the Enterprise being a ship of exploration and the best of the best.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

McAvoy wrote:The only classes the Enterprise could potentially be would either be Nebula or Prometheus. Neither of which work with the idea of the Enterprise being a ship of exploration and the best of the best.
Good point. Still, that's not necessarily true for the Prometheus. True, she wasn't exactly the BIGGEST starship the Federation out there had, she WAS one of the most powerful.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Being the flagship means being a representative on behalf of the entirety of the Federation. The epitome of what Starfleet could produce while still reflecting the core ideals of peaceful exploration and what else the Federation stands for. A prometheus is a weapon of war. Sure, the Galxy was one as well, but also came with extensive diplomatic facilities. A prometheus would be a very different signal. First contact with, say, a prometheus would give a different message. One the Federation doesn't like to express.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

A Galaxy could fight just due to great technology and size, but in terms of percentage of space used for weapons it seems to be a tiny fraction.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The Galaxy is flying hotel too. So a Galaxy class could easily send both the stick and the carrot if need be.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The Galaxy was a carrot with a shank in it.

Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Teaos wrote:The Galaxy was a carrot with a shank in it.
It was. -_-
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I like that. I think I will remember that for future reference.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

McAvoy wrote:
I like that. I think I will remember that for future reference.
Lol oh?