Future of Starfleet

The Next Generation
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Future of Starfleet

Post by Captain Seafort »

Jim wrote:The Defiants are self sufficient, but they are not comfortable at all.
The Defiants are absolute luxury compared to modern warships. Good-sized two-person cabins, wide corridors, a spacious mess hall. I'm sure McAvoy would be able to go into far greater detail.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Nice
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Better than any cruise ship I worked on for 9 months at a time.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Jim wrote:The Defiants are self sufficient, but they are not comfortable at all.
The Defiants are absolute luxury compared to modern warships. Good-sized two-person cabins, wide corridors, a spacious mess hall. I'm sure McAvoy would be able to go into far greater detail.
I thought that they mentioned a few times of how uncomfortable the ship was.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Comparatively yes, but still livable.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Teaos wrote:Comparatively yes, but still livable.
Still luxury. All the complaints do is show that Starfleet is full of spoilt brats.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Still luxury. All the complaints do is show that Starfleet is full of spoilt brats.
Not necessarily. Look at Benjamin Sisko. He lost his wife at Wolf 359, and to add insult to injury (at first), he is assigned to command some old broken down space station in the middle of nowhere? Ha! THAT'S spoiled alright! And what about the USS Voyager? THEY didn't exactly have it easy, stranded in the middle of nowhere too. -_- haha
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Voyager had it piss easy. Holodecks, replicators, abundant resources for repairs.

Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Captain Seafort wrote:
That's part of the point though. You wouldn't compare the living areas of the Defiant to those of a current submarine... you would compare them to the other ships in Trek and consider the Trek crew's lifestyle.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:Voyager had it piss easy. Holodecks, replicators, abundant resources for repairs.
Also a reset button somewhere in the ship too. I suspect Janeway has it under lock and key and uses it as a warning to her underlings if they don't please her, they will never show up again next week.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Jim wrote:That's part of the point though. You wouldn't compare the living areas of the Defiant to those of a current submarine... you would compare them to the other ships in Trek and consider the Trek crew's lifestyle.
Why? You said the Defiants were uncomfortable. I've pointed out that by the standards of modern warships (i.e. ships with the same mission profile as the Defiant) they're luxury. Even by the standards of the Excelsior they're luxury. The fact that most Starfleet ships are fucking five-star hotels doesn't change this.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Decaf dude.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Teaos wrote:Voyager had it piss easy. Holodecks, replicators, abundant resources for repairs.
Actually, no she didnt. You forget she still had NO starbase (Federation that is) to refuel, her trip was SUPPOSED to take 75 YEARS (an awful long time to be lost out there), she wasn't EXACTLY performing up to specs, AND EVERY SINGLE ALIEN SPECIES WANTED A PIECE OF HER! O_O

Compared to her, even the ENTERPRISES are the ones who had it easy!
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Meste17 wrote:Actually, no she didnt. You forget she still had NO starbase (Federation that is) to refuel, her trip was SUPPOSED to take 75 YEARS (an awful long time to be lost out there), she wasn't EXACTLY performing up to specs, AND EVERY SINGLE ALIEN SPECIES WANTED A PIECE OF HER! O_O
And constantly in pristine condition. Look at Voyager before and after seven years in the Delta Quadrant and you will see damn little difference. Compare that to how the neo-Galactica slowly changed from an old but well-kept warship to an unrecognisable wreck despite having a fleet of support ships. She wasn't called the Bucket for nothing.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Meste17 wrote:Actually, no she didnt. You forget she still had NO starbase (Federation that is) to refuel, her trip was SUPPOSED to take 75 YEARS (an awful long time to be lost out there), she wasn't EXACTLY performing up to specs, AND EVERY SINGLE ALIEN SPECIES WANTED A PIECE OF HER! O_O
And constantly in pristine condition. Look at Voyager before and after seven years in the Delta Quadrant and you will see damn little difference. Compare that to how the neo-Galactica slowly changed from an old but well-kept warship to an unrecognisable wreck despite having a fleet of support ships. She wasn't called the Bucket for nothing.
Okay THAT I'll give you. But look at the situation she was in. Think about it, whilst Voyager DID have support in the Federation, Galactica had absolutely NOTHING, neo or not. The 12 Colonies were gone, Starfleet was not. If Voyager was LITERALLY THE last Federation starship left, with survivors of a holocaust, then yes, maybe yes, she MIGHT be in the same situation you know? Still, I DO see your point.