Future of Starfleet

The Next Generation
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Future of Starfleet

Post by Captain Seafort »

Meste17 wrote:Okay THAT I'll give you. But look at the situation she was in. Think about it, whilst Voyager DID have support in the Federation, Galactica had absolutely NOTHING, neo or not. The 12 Colonies were gone, Starfleet was not. If Voyager was LITERALLY THE last Federation starship left, with survivors of a holocaust, then yes, maybe yes, she MIGHT be in the same situation you know? Still, I DO see your point.
Did you actually read any of my post? Voyager had nothing - the entire Federation was tens of thousands of light years away - and she stayed pristine. Galactica had the support of dozens of ships, carrying everything from refineries to machine shops to a bloody garden, and she slowly deteriorated as Voyager should have done. Galactica was in a far better position and came out of it worse.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Meste17 wrote:Okay THAT I'll give you. But look at the situation she was in. Think about it, whilst Voyager DID have support in the Federation, Galactica had absolutely NOTHING, neo or not. The 12 Colonies were gone, Starfleet was not. If Voyager was LITERALLY THE last Federation starship left, with survivors of a holocaust, then yes, maybe yes, she MIGHT be in the same situation you know? Still, I DO see your point.
Did you actually read any of my post? Voyager had nothing - the entire Federation was tens of thousands of light years away - and she stayed pristine. Galactica had the support of dozens of ships, carrying everything from refineries to machine shops to a bloody garden, and she slowly deteriorated as Voyager should have done. Galactica was in a far better position and came out of it worse.
Okay, I'm sorry I am actually exhausted cuz I LITERALLY JUST got off of work and I will admit that I didn't exactly pay any attention (forgive me I apologize), but let me put it to you this way. Voyager and Galactica actually did things differently, think about it. Galactica didn't actually BOTHER getting new materials to rebuild different parts of the ship because to quote Colonel Tigh "Galactica has taken so much damage that it would take 6 months in drydock JUST to bang out all the dents." Voyager was SMALL compared to the Galactica. Besides, may I RESPECTFULLY point out that you might NOT be reading any of MY posts neither. Voyager might be in pristine condition, but I put it to you that to quote Graham Kennedy, who did the page on the DITL website concerning Voyager's class (ergo, I give him credit for this point): "given that Voyager doesn't have access to proper maintanence facilities and has taken heavy damage on numerous occasions, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that she wouldn't be entirely up to spec." Ergo, yes, she SEEMS to be in pristine condition, but YOU have to take in mind that
1. While she looks it, she might NOT be up to spec. Look at how many times Voyager's had to land, repair, etc.
2. While she also looks practically unscarred, Voyager's creators don't exactly bother to actually TRY to keep consistent with canon.
and 3. Did you actually see what I am TRYING to say? Voyager STILL HAD HELP, whether it be near OR FAR, Galactica DID NOT. Ergo, Galactica is BOUND to look like crap compared to Voyager! O_O
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I gotta go with Seafort. Galactica had a small fleet to pull resources from. Voyager had itself and the odd helpful species. Voyager should have been worse off but wast.

In show, Voyager was a lovely cruise in the Delta quadrant made messy by an insane captain.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Teaos wrote:I gotta go with Seafort. Galactica had a small fleet to pull resources from. Voyager had itself and the odd helpful species. Voyager should have been worse off but wast.

In show, Voyager was a lovely cruise in the Delta quadrant made messy by an insane captain.
Well, it seems that I was outnumbered. *bows to Captain Seafort* I concede to your wisdom. :)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Never do that, last time someone conceded to his wisdom it took us months to bring him back down to our level.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Teaos wrote:Never do that, last time someone conceded to his wisdom it took us months to bring him back down to our level.
O_O what?! -facepalm-
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:Never do that, last time someone conceded to his wisdom it took us months to bring him back down to our level.
Previous times it involved Deep too...
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Hey, you were the one who came up with this:

Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

*you're

Fix that shit.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

McAvoy wrote:*you're

Fix that shit.
I had to force myself NOT to correct him.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

It's Teaos. Accurate spelling and grammar would be a cause for concern. :P
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:
McAvoy wrote:*you're

Fix that shit.
I had to force myself NOT to correct him.
When it comes to spelling and grammar the misuse of the your/you're and their/there/they're is the only thing that gets at me. Needless to say, YouTube and Facebook comments annoy me a lot.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Your really going to need to work on that, their is really no reason to get so upset... :p

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:lol:

:bangwall:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:Your really going to need to work on that, their is really no reason to get so upset... :p
Nah not upset just annoyed. That is the only thing grammar and spelling that annoys me. It baffles me that grown people do not know the difference. But then again when you have grown people typing 'lik dis' then its a moot point.