SFDebris: Time's Arrow

The Next Generation
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SFDebris: Time's Arrow

Post by Captain Seafort »

Part 1

A good start, and I particularly like his analogy with magic. Pity Tommy Cooper never wrote sci-fi.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: SFDebris: Time's Arrow

Post by Teaos »

A nice start.

Anyone else get the feeling his reviews have got more serious and less funny lately.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

A forgettable two partner really.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

His ratio of serious vs. silly tends to follow along with just how much he likes or loathes an episode. Hate it, more spiteful mocking. Love it, lots of pretty insightful analysis. The two aren't mutually exclusive but that seems to be how it goes a lot of the time. He's burned through a lot of the crap and I suspect there's only so much vitriol you can ladle out before you want to review something you don't hate.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well considering most of these reviews are requests that are paid for, people tend to ask him to review shit ones, although Living Witness should be a winner.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Odd how I look forward to the reviews now. Kinda like watching a new episode.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I've gone away from most network TV at this point. I watch things like this at night now instead and I am vastly more entertained.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Does anybody happen to know what a review costs?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I thought it was $50.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

It says on his donate page, from memory as I am on my iPhone, 50 for standard, 100 for a 2 parter and 200 for a movie or something from a unrelated series that would need more research.

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

So not really something you could make a wage off of. Just curious.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Paid to do your hobby is always nice though. At the rate he does them he makes a supliment of about 150-200 a week.

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Wow and people do in fact donate to him too.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tyyr wrote:I've gone away from most network TV at this point. I watch things like this at night now instead and I am vastly more entertained.
This kind of stuff and my DVD collection for me.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Tyyr wrote:I've gone away from most network TV at this point. I watch things like this at night now instead and I am vastly more entertained.
This kind of stuff and my DVD collection for me.
I used to have 1.8 terabytes of TV shows and movies before the hard drive crashed. 175mb for 30 minutes 350mb for 60 minutes and 700mb for average length movies to give you a reference. In other words, I kept myself entertained. Thank god my 900gb worth of BBC, Channel 4, History Channel, Nat Geo, etc wasn't on that drive.

I don't like spending a ton of money on cable when I barely watch TV and only seriously watch TV during Football season - NFL.