If Soverigns could land...

The Next Generation
John Wain
Petty officer first class
Petty officer first class

Re: If Soverigns could land...

Post by John Wain »

Graham, what I did was use up several sources. Basically I looked for a shot of Central Park from the air, then I exported an image of the Galaxy from Sketch Up, using the same perspective, and because it did not amount to very much (as I said before, Central Park is very large and I was not expecting the ship to look that insignificant), I also threw in some random stuff (like Picard )
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: If Sovereigns could land...

Post by Coalition »

McAvoy wrote:Actually I like that. The show never really gave it the impression of how large the ship really is.
Compared to moons, planets, stars, and the entire universe, a Galaxy class starship is pretty small. 8)
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: If Sovereigns could land...

Post by McAvoy »

Coalition wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Actually I like that. The show never really gave it the impression of how large the ship really is.
Compared to moons, planets, stars, and the entire universe, a Galaxy class starship is pretty small. 8)
Planets and moons are tiny too compared to the universe or galaxy. Our own Sun is actually quite small.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: If Soverigns could land...

Post by Captain Seafort »

Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.