SFDebris: Nemesis

The Next Generation

SFDebris: Nemesis

Postby Captain Seafort » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Decent review. Not Chuck's best, but pretty close, and it managed to provide the film with a logical back story. I.e. Janeway was behind it all and Shinzon fucked up deliberately.

Definitely a worthy rival to this.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.

Across the Universe - Chapter 2 now up
User avatar
Captain Seafort
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 14983
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:44 pm
Location: Blighty

Re: SFDebris: Nemesis

Postby Teaos » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:21 pm

About what I expected of this really, not so much comedy as real reeview,
User avatar
Teaos
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 14637
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:00 am
Location: Behind you!

Re: SFDebris: Nemesis

Postby Nickswitz » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:11 pm

One thing I just now realized, why did Riker not stop having sex with Troi when she did one of two things, because we don't know if we can actually trust what she saw as what she did. So either she flipped out like we saw, in which case, regardless of what else was going on, if you keep having sex while she's pushing you away, your a moron, or she just like went blank, in which case, why would you not stop, that's just weird. Plus, why did she have a blanket on when they were obviously having sex.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
User avatar
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 6745
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Home

Re: SFDebris: Nemesis

Postby kostmayer » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Nickswitz wrote:Plus, why did she have a blanket on when they were obviously having sex.


Was it one of those L-shaped blankets that covers half the bloke but covers the woman all the way up to the shoulders?
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
User avatar
kostmayer
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2782
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:08 am

Re: SFDebris: Nemesis

Postby Nickswitz » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:22 pm

No, it was one of those blankets that covered her chest while he was on top of her.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
User avatar
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 6745
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:34 pm
Location: Home

Re: SFDebris: Nemesis

Postby Tyyr » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:59 pm

I like the ratio of comedy to review. In Nemesis' case it's far to easy to just make jokes. A slightly more serious take on it is called for, except for the Janeway bit, that was hilarious and honestly makes the movie make a lot more sense.
User avatar
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 10654
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Jeri Ryan's Dressing Room, Shhhhh

Re: SFDebris: Nemesis

Postby Nutso » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:20 pm

Love the ending. It's still cracking me up.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
User avatar
Nutso
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 3290
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Re: SFDebris: Nemesis

Postby Lighthawk » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Tyyr wrote:I like the ratio of comedy to review. In Nemesis' case it's far to easy to just make jokes. A slightly more serious take on it is called for, except for the Janeway bit, that was hilarious and honestly makes the movie make a lot more sense.


Kind of scary how much Evil Janeway can bring a totally brainless story around to nearly sensible. That's right, stories written by "professional" script writers make much more sense when you apply the alternate character interpretation of some guy making mock reviews on the internet. No wonder the trek movie line tanked.
Image
User avatar
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 4632
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 6:55 pm
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Re: SFDebris: Nemesis

Postby BigJKU316 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:38 pm

Nickswitz wrote:One thing I just now realized, why did Riker not stop having sex with Troi when she did one of two things, because we don't know if we can actually trust what she saw as what she did. So either she flipped out like we saw, in which case, regardless of what else was going on, if you keep having sex while she's pushing you away, your a moron, or she just like went blank, in which case, why would you not stop, that's just weird. Plus, why did she have a blanket on when they were obviously having sex.


The simple answer, because he was not finished yet.
User avatar
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:19 am

Re: SFDebris: Nemesis

Postby Tyyr » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Awesome.
User avatar
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
 
Posts: 10654
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: Jeri Ryan's Dressing Room, Shhhhh


Return to TNG

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest