The Next Generation
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

TNG: Reunion - Hypothesis

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

Go watch again "Reunion", but before, I ask yourself this hypothesis:

Do you think that maybe Gowron was the one who poisonned Kempec? :happydevil:

That wouldn't be below him, to be honest. Duras made desperate moves later to block the superior manipulator, but Gowron had the higher hand.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: TNG: Reunion - Hypothesis

Post by Deepcrush »

I don't see Gowron as that kind of a person. Sure he was into power plays and PR games but whenever a fight came his way he never backed down.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Deepcrush wrote:I don't see Gowron as that kind of a person. Sure he was into power plays and PR games but whenever a fight came his way he never backed down.
Off course, he can't afford to back down from a fight, he's a Klingon, remember?

But I don't see him above doing shady deals and using black ops when the need required them. Remember.. errr.. the DS9 episode when O'Brian was seeing his future self? Or past self? anyway, there were Klingon black operatives there. Klingons politicians act stealthily when needed, as long as the general population isn't made aware of it.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Why don't you try that post again since it made zero sense and had even less to do with Gowron.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Are we talking about Gowron, or Gowron's government???????? I doubt he personally even knew Klingon agents were sent to DS9 right at that moment. Likely his Intelligence Chief planned the Op, then he would have gotten a briefing on in later.

Is that what you meant?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The question was about Gowron but somehow solka lost track of that.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Deepcrush wrote:Why don't you try that post again since it made zero sense and had even less to do with Gowron.
Eh?

The Klingons captured then directly reported to the High Council, ergo, Gowron. They were there on a spying mission on the Romulans. So Klingons aren't above doing sneaky things, including assassinations. That includes Gowron.

Openly, any Klingon leader has to act honorably. So Gowron would never back down from a fight openly, as depicted in "Rising Apocalypse", "Tacking into the Wind", "Redemption Part II".

But I don't see him above speeding up the death of a political figure who's in the way toward Chancellorship. I don't say he's as low as Duras, but he's certainly not honorable "in the dark".

So... do I need to repeat, again, what I said? I was quite clear on my other post.

@Mark: The agents posted on DS9 weren't random Klingon Intelligence agents. They were the High Council's special team.
Gowron got where he was by a healthy dosage of strategic thinking, political craftiness and pragmatism. Saying "he's a Klingon" is no argument against potentially being the man who poisoned Kempec. The matter have never been resolved, after all.

@Deepcrush: you just can't focus on what I'm saying
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:The Klingons captured then directly reported to the High Council, ergo, Gowron. They were there on a spying mission on the Romulans. So Klingons aren't above doing sneaky things, including assassinations. That includes Gowron.
The High Council is made up of supporters of Gowron, he doesn't control them directly. So saying that one of them has assassins and spies is meaningless. On top of that, every government has such items in their armory but its not about having them but if they use them.
Openly, any Klingon leader has to act honorably. So Gowron would never back down from a fight openly, as depicted in "Rising Apocalypse", "Tacking into the Wind", "Redemption Part II".

But I don't see him above speeding up the death of a political figure who's in the way toward Chancellorship. I don't say he's as low as Duras, but he's certainly not honorable "in the dark".

So... do I need to repeat, again, what I said? I was quite clear on my other post.
In your other post you didn't relate anything to Gowron which was the subject. Go find some canon support that Gowron uses spies and poisons and your post would then be meaningful.
@Deepcrush: you just can't focus on what I'm saying
I can, did, and will continue to. However its not my fault your posts are normally worthless bouts of pity gathering.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

They were the High Council's special team.
Right, but not Gowron's special team. Does the US President know about every intel op going on as they go on, or does he appoint someone to oversee a department to handle day to day ops, and just get a report at the end?

Gowron is not the High Council. And yes, Klingons are more than capable of acting like Romulans, hiding behind a thin veil of honor. But honor is also open to personal interpritation. Martok was getting all the credit and glory of the war going so well, which likely soured Gowron's view of him, hence the attempts to disgrace Martok or too get him killed.

Thats not the same as employing assassins or poison, like Duras. Gowron seemed honerable enough.....he just had a political adjenda.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Mark wrote: Thats not the same as employing assassins or poison, like Duras. Gowron seemed honerable enough.....he just had a political adjenda.
Maybe. You make good arguments. It's just that I utterly dislike him for wreaking Worf's reputation for a second time, which led to Kurn's tragic demise.

And to be honest, the first episode he was introduced, he did offered a bribe to K'Ehleyr. That immediately put a mark on him in my book.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Gowron was one thing and thats cunning. He had a political agenda, and used cunning and wile to get there. He may not have been the TNG's consumate stupid, honour drowned Klingon, but he had a nice balance of personal honour, and skillful political ability to get him where he is.

Correction, was.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:Maybe. You make good arguments. It's just that I utterly dislike him for wreaking Worf's reputation for a second time, which led to Kurn's tragic demise.

And to be honest, the first episode he was introduced, he did offered a bribe to K'Ehleyr. That immediately put a mark on him in my book.
In other words, he's a politician. This does not make him a murderer.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Reliant121 wrote:Gowron was one thing and thats cunning. He had a political agenda, and used cunning and wile to get there. He may not have been the TNG's consumate stupid, honour drowned Klingon, but he had a nice balance of personal honour, and skillful political ability to get him where he is.

Correction, was.
There hasn't been many consumate, stupid, honour drowned Klingon to begin with, except for Worf.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Don't forget boring. Klingons knew how to have a good time......EXCEPT for Worf :lol:

All he'd ever do was either kill something, or get drunk and start singing.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It was fun watching Worf and Kurn interacting.