BoBW Humor

The Next Generation
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

BoBW Humor

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I wasn't entirely sure where to start this disccusion so I'll go here. It's really not so much a discussion as a "Hey, this is kinda cool!"
Apparently, when filming BoBW, for the very end when Locutus appears on the viewscreen they had one rehearsal, and then Patrick Stewart goes up to the camera to do his take and says, "I am Locutus of Borg. Have you considered buying a Pontiac?"

Source
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: BoBW Humor

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Heh, neat. :)

I'd imagine that on some of the more serious episodes the cast probably start screwing around quite a bit.

Though the best one of those I've seen has to be this. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Though the best one of those I've seen has to be this. :)
Good, but I think 200 was better. Only SG-1 could get away with turning an entire episode into a piss-take.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hell, remember Wormhole X-treme? That entire episode was basically making fun of themselves. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Sort of, but Wormhole X-Treme had a plot of sorts as an excuse, and was more of a dig at TV series in general and sci-fi series in particular than focusing solely on themselves.

200 never pretended to be anything but the entire cast and crew having a laugh, especially as it was right in the middle of the Ori arc, with the fate of the galaxy hanging on the surrounding episodes.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Was that the one where they briefly parodied Star Trek?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Yup, among other things. The entire episode (entire series for that matter) is on YouTube.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

i really liked 200, with the teen version of SG1 and the ewoks like aliens
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!