Cried?

The Next Generation
Weyoun the Dancing Borg
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by Weyoun the Dancing Borg »

Deepcrush wrote:I wanna say "Homecoming"? The won where the Picard brothers had it out and Jean broke down and cried while "robar?" (Its french, i don't care) forced him to accept that he isn't god and somethings are above even him. I didn't cry as i've only cry 3 times in my whole life but it was very moving.
His name is "Robert" :)
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ehhhhh..... its whatever it was. :lol:
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Thinking back, I remember crying when Spock died when I first saw Star Trek II on video when I was 3 or 4.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Bryan Moore wrote:Thinking back, I remember crying when Spock died when I first saw Star Trek II on video when I was 3 or 4.
Didn't quite cry, but Spock's death and the destruction of the original Enterprise had me choked up.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, those bits were very well done.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Yeah, agreed. I still get a little choked up when I watch the end of Wrath of Khan, even though I know Spock is recovered in the next film, and goes on to outlive Kirk. It's the "have been and always shall be your friend" line, I think. That, and how dignified Spock acts even though he's clearly blinded and dying.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I think that's how in hindsight, we can tell it was a great scene. Because we know he's coming back, but it still affects us when we watch it.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Any truly great scene moves us time and again when we watch it. No matter if we know what is going to happen or if we know what is going to solve it next frame. Its those moments that make tv worth watching. I also like the scene for Lord of the Rings - Return of the King, where King Theoden is on the hill top with his men looking at minas tirith and gives his speech, its a great one.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu