TNG's Original Coffee Lounge Bridge Sketch

The Next Generation
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Many of the voices in my head and I share a few qualities, as well.

As far as the sketch, could you imagine the klaxon of a red alert being drowned out by the steam hissing from the espresso machine?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Blackstar wrote:If they had this bridge we never would've had the military argument.
We would. Believe me, we would. :wink:
Thank you. I have been developing hir for almost two years, given hir a backstory and given hir a personality based on my own. In a way shi and I are the same person. does that make sense or am I sounding crazy?
Not at all. Inspiration, naturaly, comes from the writer. I've noticed myself that in my own story, one of the characters (Ravesk) shares my own mindset, and way of thinking.
Tsukiyumi wrote: I was already thinking I could throw out a couple of relatively expendable minor characters (don't want to step on anyone's toes) to flesh out the story.
I don't think there'd be any objections to you jumping in. You should PM Teaos for his permission first, though.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Now thats my kind of bridge.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I imagine something like an elevator version of 'Girl from iponima' playing softly.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'm getting images in my head of, instead of operations officers and helmsmen, a bridge full of decorators and massage therapists... where the color of your uniform was not dependent on your branch of service, but rather what went best with your eyes...
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Exactly. :lol: Why not turn the whole bridge into a sauna?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

They need a pinball machine. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think the whole thing should rather be a pool and hot tub - with a swim-up bar, of course.

Are we sure that this sketch wasn't really meant to be the pad where Roddenberry would take the girls he didn't want Majel to know about?
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

" This is the captain. All senior officers to the bridge... POOL PARTY!!!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:
Are we sure that this sketch wasn't really meant to be the pad where Roddenberry would take the girls he didn't want Majel to know about?
I never understood that, the man was a sea cow.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yes, but he was a sea cow IN THE TELEVISION PRODUCTION BUSINESS. Being a potential source of opportunity adds a lot to a man's sexual charisma.
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:Yes, but he was a sea cow IN THE TELEVISION PRODUCTION BUSINESS. Being a potential source of opportunity adds a lot to a man's sexual charisma.
Yeah I get that but for crying out loud have some pride.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I was just looking at the sketch again, and I noticed: where the hell does the captain sit? There's some freaking dining room table where the normal three chairs are. And I thought the couch on Ruafo's bridge was opulent...

Maybe the captain is the dude in the foreground with his coffee and kahlua in hand...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I'm getting images of the Golgafrinchan captain, surveying his bridge from the comfort of his bathtub.

Or this: "It's an honor to make first contact with your civilization. Please pay no mind to my command staff - we're just sitting down to tea."
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Is that a tv above the captains chair? :?

Seriously, what the hell?