Ship of the week: Negh’Var

The Next Generation
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No, it's not necessarily bad, but when you make a show purely to get the money, and have no regard for the fans, then it's a very bad thing.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

business isn't always ethical, but B&B by dismissing any feedback from fans shot themselves in the foot,rather than being responsive to fan comments and established cannon, as the flaws and inviability of 'enterprise' does reflect back onto them
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

I agree completely I was just pointing out that if it weren't for trying to wring money out of the series it wouldn't have made it to the movies, tng likely wouldn't have been launched and so on.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

KuvahMagh wrote:I agree completely I was just pointing out that if it weren't for trying to wring money out of the series it wouldn't have made it to the movies, tng likely wouldn't have been launched and so on.
No kidding, TPM and ST V didn't do very well though. ST V sucking was more a case of Shatner not being granted the budget to do what he originally planned though. And the first two seasons of TNG were almost as bad as VOY or ENT, only the fact that it was the first new Trek series in 20 years saved it.
KuvahMagh
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by KuvahMagh »

ST V also wasn't helped by the fact that by that point TNG was on the air so people were able to get their fill of Trek without leaving their homes, granted many would still view the movie most wouldn't bother doing it a few times like the previous ones where the movie was still filling the gap.

I personnaly don't have such a problem with STV like others, its not the greatest but it isn't nearly as bad as most claim, as far as I'm concerned at least.
There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
-Elie Wiesel

Dreaming in Color Living in Black and White, Sitting in a Grey Day Leaning on a Bright New Tomorrow.
-Billy Ray Cyrus
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I just hated the rocket boot scene, where the Enterprise-A appears to have about a hundred decks. That idiocy should've been spotted in pre-production.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I just hated the rocket boot scene, where the Enterprise-A appears to have about a hundred decks. That idiocy should've been spotted in pre-production.
Yeah that was bad, what makes it even worse is that they pass some of the decks more than once. So apparently their going in a loop for no reason.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Hey, it's not Kirk or McCoy's fault that they missed the sign saying "Police Box" and the blue door they must have run through. 8)

On a slightly more serious note, it's just more evidence that the entire film was just a very strange dream Kirk had in Yosmite. :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Captain Seafort wrote:
On a slightly more serious note, it's just more evidence that the entire film was just a very strange dream Kirk had in Yosmite. :P
I hear they have a deleted scene with Kirk gathering wild mushrooms.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Kirk: "I knew I shouldn't have eaten those mushrooms!"
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:Hey, it's not Kirk or McCoy's fault that they missed the sign saying "Police Box" and the blue door they must have run through. 8)

Both of those options make more sense than the script...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I hear they have a deleted scene with Kirk gathering wild mushrooms.
Maybe Spock's "marshmellons" were to a somewhat exotic Vulcan recipe.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Maybe Spock's "marshmellons" were to a somewhat exotic Vulcan recipe.
He brought back some "LDS" from 1986 and has been making special candy.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cpl Kendall wrote:He brought back some "LDS" from 1986 and has been making special candy.
Wow, Jim. I can see the colorful metaphors... :D
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

"Here, Jim - I got these buttons from a strange cactus in what you'd call 'New Mexico...'"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer