The Future of the Romulan Empire

The Next Generation
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: The Future of the Romulan Empire

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

And blood wine. Can't forget the blood wine.
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Victory is Life »

Mark wrote:I'm putting this thread here, because frankly I'm not sure where else it would even come close to fitting in.

Here we are in the original timeline. Romulas was just destroyed, and the Romulans are already still weakened from the DW, and then the Remen uprising and civil war. What happens to the Empire?

I see them most logically joining the Federation. In there chaotic state, even with Spock MIA (now in the alternate timeline) the reunification efforts would take on a whole new importance IMO. Some would argue the Romulans may choose to go down fighting, (and the Romulans from TOS maybe would have) but in the modern day and age that's more a Klingon move. They'd be threatened on all sides by hostile powers with their core infrastructure gone. I think they'd choose the less of all the evils.

What do you all think?

Well, just imagine what the Feds would do if they lost Earth. I am certain that the UFP would still survive, and if the Feds were smart, they would have made contingency efforts to 'back up' their homeworld with several others 'just in case', maybe have Berengaria, Andoria, or Betzed as auxiliaries. I'm sure the Romulans would do that.
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

The difference though is that the UFP is much less centralized than the RSE. Earth became the Capital World for the Federation, but Vulcan, Andoria, Tellar, and most if not all other major planets are equally as capable of doing this. Vulcan, Andoria, and Tellar even more so as they were part of the original Federation and therefore would likely be equipped with everything needed to be the center of Government. We are also faced with the fact that if Earth was wiped out and the majority of Humans killed the Federation would go on because it isn't composed primarily of humans (despite what the show has).

The RSE isn't the same, sure they could have backed up their information and facilities on a different world, but there is just not going to be the same level of redundancy with them as there is with the UFP simply because they have 1 dominant species and 1 capital world.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Dude, you've got to stop necroing threads with quotes of 14-month-old posts. As Seafort already mentioned, if it's that long gone, open a new thread and delineate your idea for discussion. You may even link to the old one, but here you've just repsonded in a thread in which the last post was dated Nov. 14, 2009; and the post which you quoted was dated Sept. 5, 2009.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Seemed like a fair question to me... even if he forgot the ? at the end.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Deepcrush wrote:Seemed like a fair question to me... even if he forgot the ? at the end.

Who?

EDIT-JUST REALIZED I'M AN ENSIGN!! Too bad with the track record I have on this forum that my career in Starfleet will be a tenure that one could call 'savagely curtailed...' :(
"You may win this war, Commander, but I promise you, by the time it's over, you will have lost so many ships, so many lives, that your "victory" will taste as bitter as defeat."
- Female Changeling
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Not at all.

B'Elanna was ejected from starfleet and became a terrorist before she became the bright and questionably brilliant engineer she was at the end of VOY.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You mean the one who doesn't know what shit is???
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Reliant121 wrote:Not at all.

B'Elanna was ejected from starfleet and became a terrorist before she became the bright and questionably brilliant engineer she was at the end of VOY.

BUT I DONT WANT TO BE 'QUESTIONABLY BRILLIANT"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
- Female Changeling
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Deepcrush wrote:You mean the one who doesn't know what s**t is???
Apparently in starfleet you don't need to be competent. In fact you don't really need anything but to be well versed in treknobabble.
Victory is Life
Ensign
Ensign

Reliant121 wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:You mean the one who doesn't know what s**t is???
Apparently in starfleet you don't need to be competent. In fact you don't really need anything but to be well versed in treknobabble.

The transverse elliptical reactionary subspace domain has ruptured a cavity through the superstring structure of that filament!!!

Like a hunting spear through the carcass of a a gazelle!!

Precisely!
- Female Changeling
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

....As implied in an earlier post, I'm sure you'll have a bright and glittering career at starfleet. :D
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Victory, you have been told repeatedly to quit necroing threads. Pack it in, now.

Necro locked.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.