OTNGEG - All Good Things...

The Next Generation
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: OTNGEG - All Good Things...

Post by Tyyr »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I agree. Some of them can get downright insulting and even make you wonder if he's just being a jackoff for the sake of being a jackoff.
No, there's some really, really. really stupid shit in Trek. He points it out, aggressively.
I have a feeling he'd snark over the graveyard scene from BOBW II. :|
If there was something needing a good ripping he certainly would, and it would be hilarious.
Cpl Kendall wrote:I'm interested to see what he says about NEM and INS.
And V, III as well... oh IV! Damn, I'm really really looking forward to everything in this series.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tyyr wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I agree. Some of them can get downright insulting and even make you wonder if he's just being a jackoff for the sake of being a jackoff.
No, there's some really, really. really stupid s**t in Trek. He points it out, aggressively.
I have a feeling he'd snark over the graveyard scene from BOBW II. :|
If there was something needing a good ripping he certainly would, and it would be hilarious.
No, some of the stuff I've seen him snark on did not deserve that level of abuse. Or even any abuse.

Yes, there's some stupid shit in Trek... you do realize there's good stuff too, right? Sometimes I think that's forgotten. :?

Like the opening shot of the refurbished E. Skipped over entirely, even though it's a great scene there.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:No, some of the stuff I've seen him snark on did not deserve that level of abuse. Or even any abuse.
Exactly what do you think he attacks too aggresively?
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Yes, there's some stupid s**t in Trek... you do realize there's good stuff too, right? Sometimes I think that's forgotten. :?
You've obviously not seen too many of his reviews, then. When there's something to praise, he points it out. He's reviewed a number of good episodes, and has had no problem in praising them. The reason that his videos seem to primarily focus on the bad stuff is that the majority of his stuff focuses on VOY and ENT, where the majority of the stuff is just awful.

Check out his In the Pale Moonlight review if you want to see him praising good material.
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Like the opening shot of the refurbished E. Skipped over entirely, even though it's a great scene there.
You think it was a great scene. He thinks it went on far too long. And personaly I'm inclined to agree with him.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
No, some of the stuff I've seen him snark on did not deserve that level of abuse. Or even any abuse.

Yes, there's some stupid s**t in Trek... you do realize there's good stuff too, right? Sometimes I think that's forgotten. :?

Like the opening shot of the refurbished E. Skipped over entirely, even though it's a great scene there.
You realize that Trek is entertainment and therefore subjective right? It's right there in the title of his site "Opinionated", you may not agree with his opinion or approach but it's no less valid then yours. Sounds like your just upset because he doesn't like the same stuff as you.

As for the opening shot, yeah it is nice but it is time they could have spent developing someones character *cough*Decker*cough*. And when you get down to it Trek is about the crew not the ship.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:No, some of the stuff I've seen him snark on did not deserve that level of abuse. Or even any abuse.
In your opinion it didn't. In other people's it might have. And ultimately that's all this is, HIS opinion. I find it hilarious and many of his nit picks line up with mine.
Yes, there's some stupid s**t in Trek... you do realize there's good stuff too, right? Sometimes I think that's forgotten. :?
And when its good he points it out, as do I. Like it or not TMP is just a boring slug of a movie. Its a half assed TV episode stretched out WAAAAAY too long. Some of it's good, but a lot of it sucks.
It would have been a great scene at half the length. As it is they just drug it on, and on, and on, and on. I get it, the ship is beautiful, it's new, great. Get the damn scene over with in a reasonable amount of time however. I don't think the totally new design of the Ent-E in First Contact got as much screen time in the whole movie as the E got in that one scene.

In the end its purely entertainment. Don't like it don't watch it.