Starfleet response time

The Next Generation
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Starfleet response time

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:
SomosFuga wrote:if its ships are good enough it will became part of SF too.
I would agree with this, but the limited evidence contradicts it. In TNG: "Unification," we saw Vulcan ships - they patently followed a design aesthetic which was unlike anything in Starfleet.
Here's another perhaps closer to life example. The post-TOS Fed. seems much more like the U.S. then the UN of the TOS era yes? In the U.S., all the states (despite being joined overall under the Federal Government, and therefore having access to the U.S. Military and Federal Marshall's) operate their own state police forces, followed by city, district, and/or regional units. It could be that Starfleet Security has Marshall-type status, and that each member world/colony operates their own local police. OR allows Starfleet Security to do the job. I realize we're talking about ships, but I think my example still works because the local police force would still need to get around in-system and such right?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Kind of what I was thinking. If the Angosians, to use an earlier example, were somehow allowed to become members without having interstellar travel (how that could be allowed, IDK,) then they'd probably be offered the aegis of UFP local protection; while other more advanced members would have the option to police their own systems/colonies.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Mikey wrote:
I would agree with this, but the limited evidence contradicts it. In TNG: "Unification," we saw Vulcan ships - they patently followed a design aesthetic which was unlike anything in Starfleet.
Those could be civilian ships, maybe part of that coast guard above mentioned and not a military ships.
me,myself and I wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Here's another perhaps closer to life example. The post-TOS Fed. seems much more like the U.S. then the UN of the TOS era yes? In the U.S., all the states (despite being joined overall under the Federal Government, and therefore having access to the U.S. Military and Federal Marshall's) operate their own state police forces, followed by city, district, and/or regional units. It could be that Starfleet Security has Marshall-type status, and that each member world/colony operates their own local police. OR allows Starfleet Security to do the job. I realize we're talking about ships, but I think my example still works because the local police force would still need to get around in-system and such right?
I think is something like that. But no SF Security doing that job, that would be like U.S. Army or Navy fighting gangs and burglars.
Local governments would operate their own police forces; working along the coast guard for space ops. Of course you would need a federal police too. For the coast guard could be local or federal, maybe both.
Mikey wrote:Kind of what I was thinking. If the Angosians, to use an earlier example, were somehow allowed to become members without having interstellar travel (how that could be allowed, IDK,) then they'd probably be offered the aegis of UFP local protection; while other more advanced members would have the option to police their own systems/colonies.
IIRC they wern't members yet but your point remains.
They looked very much like United Earth in Enterprise.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!