UFP-Klingon War!

The Next Generation
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: UFP-Klingon War!

Post by Tyyr »

kostmayer wrote:Kirk had the Klingon who ordered his son's murder hanging off a ledge, and he still offered the guy his hand. Many people in his place would have put the boot in straight away.
I know I would have or I might have pulled him up, just to push him off myself.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Kirk was a true soldier. He never backed down from a fight he knew was right. He never started a fight when he knew he didn't have to. And most of all, he knew when it was time for the fighting to end.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Yes, and he knew once his shirt tore, it was kickass time :mrgreen:
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Nickswitz wrote:Yes, and he knew once his shirt tore, it was kickass time :mrgreen:

Yep. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Nickswitz wrote:Yes, and he knew once his shirt tore, it was kickass time :mrgreen:

Yep. :lol:
Man, my glasses must be bad. Can't read it! ;)
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Kirk was awesome, fight it, nob it or eat it!
ps hey jason
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Kirks shirt tears = Dr. Banners eyes turn color

Both increase the oh shit factor by ten, and for the bad guys, the pucker factor by 20.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
dagadget
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by dagadget »

steamrunner wrote:Too many Admirals for a lowly MCPO to argue with... :wave: It would sure be neat to know more about this war...what precipitated it, the casualties, how peace was established...

yes indeed it would be nice. I suspect it was a minor short war much like what happened before the dominion War But it was a war just the same.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Likely what we of today would label a "conflict".
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

A "police action," perhaps?

Oh, wait - no French to bail out of their colonial difficulties. Never mind.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Was it me or did Worf take it personally when Q brought it up? How bad did things go for the KDF if three generations later they're still sore over it?
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Deepcrush wrote:Kirk was a true soldier. He never backed down from a fight he knew was right. He never started a fight when he knew he didn't have to. And most of all, he knew when it was time for the fighting to end.
Aye, I rewatched The Undiscovered Country this week. Kirk overcoming his prejudices and the death of his son was one of his greatest moments IMO. He had more reason then most to hate the Klingons, but was big enough to admit he was wrong about Gorkon. He then fought to usher in a new era, an era which men like him had no real part of. Meanwhile, Admirals, Ambassadors, and even Vulcan's turned their back on Starfleets ideals out of fear of change.

As to a Federation - Klingon war. Why was the war going so badly for the Federation in the alternative timeline in Yesterdays Enterprise? The Federation seemed able to its own against the Klingons previously.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

kostmayer wrote:As to a Federation - Klingon war. Why was the war going so badly for the Federation in the alternative timeline in Yesterdays Enterprise? The Federation seemed able to its own against the Klingons previously.
Safe bet is that the war in YE was long enough after the Praxis problem that they recovered. The UFP-KE war must have happened shortly after ST-VI. The Starfleet was still the tough guy on the block, and the KE was on the bends.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Or perhaps in an alternative timeline where the Praxis incident never occurred.
Deepcrush wrote:Was it me or did Worf take it personally when Q brought it up? How bad did things go for the KDF if three generations later they're still sore over it?
The Klingons seem like to type to hold a grudge.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Sionnach Glic wrote:Or perhaps in an alternative timeline where the Praxis incident never occurred.
No, the war was caused (or at least not averted) by the disappearance of the E-C at Narendra III - it's likely that the Klingons had recovered, given that the Narendra III incident occurred over half a century after the Praxis incident. Moreover, it was probably also long enough for the Feds to have already changed from Kirk's militarily prepared era to the TNG+ era of gross incompetence.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.