Vulcan colonies and super-strength

The Next Generation
Lazar
Captain
Captain

Re: Vulcan colonies and super-strength

Post by Lazar »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Clearly T'Pol had titanium reinforced implants...
Roddenberry established an array of superhuman characteristics for the Vulcans, so I suppose we can add superhuman firmness to the list. :)
SomosFuga wrote:Question: the romulans undergo pon far? don´t remember .
That's a good question. I suppose it depends on what exactly causes pon farr. If Vulcans have some innate hormonal urge that flares up naturally every 7 years, then it might make sense that the Romulans do it too. But maybe it's just that 7 years is the maximum amount of time that they can suppress their reproductive urges, and thus it would be an artefact of the Vulcans' logical culture which the Romulans wouldn't share.
I am not saying romulans don´t have superior strength, i am just saying that we have never saw it or even heard of it, "clearly" or not.
We saw it in STXI. (And it's not as if they've been consistent in their depiction of the Vulcans either: look how easily Archer was able to take down Vulcans in ENT.)
"There was also a large horse in the room, taking up most of it."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

SomosFuga wrote:Question: the romulans undergo pon far? don´t remember .
I doubt it. IIRC, pon'farr was somehow related to neurotransmitter (or other chemical) imbalances due to the pittance of Vulcan motivational control vs. a basic, instictual drive.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Lazar wrote:
I am not saying romulans don´t have superior strength, i am just saying that we have never saw it or even heard of it, "clearly" or not.
We saw it in STXI. (And it's not as if they've been consistent in their depiction of the Vulcans either: look how easily Archer was able to take down Vulcans in ENT.)
Right, sorry, i mentioned that previously but i forget this time.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Mikey wrote: I doubt it. IIRC, pon'farr was somehow related to neurotransmitter (or other chemical) imbalances due to the pittance of Vulcan motivational control vs. a basic, instictual drive.
Aye, agreed. Pon Farr seems to be the willfull repression of sexual urges, releasing them just once every seven years. Presumably they can reproduce outside that time, but just choose not to.
As such, the Romulans should be able to reproduce whenever they wish.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:the Romulans should be able to reproduce whenever they wish.
Mmmmm... Dina Meyer in Romulan uni boots...

I mean, just the boots...
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

All I see is "image".
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Hmm, for some reason I can't access my photobucket account. I keep getting "you are not authorised to view this page". :?

In any case, it's supposed to be my Quagmire .gif.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Giggity-giggity-goo!
as Bull offed Custer
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Lazar wrote: (And it's not as if they've been consistent in their depiction of the Vulcans either: look how easily Archer was able to take down Vulcans in ENT.)
And Hoshi fighting Tpol in "In a mirror darkly", yes she was defeated but she stood on her feets for a while agains somebody who is supposed to have 3 times her own strength (and they are faster too)
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Mikey wrote:As I've demonstrated though, there are a number of factors why the genetic component of Vulcan strength may have faded from the Romulan genome.
Lazar wrote:Of course, Earth and Vulcan don't appear to be too different in terms of mass or gravity, because humans don't seem to have much trouble when they're on Vulcan
Witness the ENT ep in which Archer became the reincarnation of Surak - as they trekked through the desert, T'pol made a comment about how the gravity and conditions would take a greater toll on a human than on a Vulcan.
I loved her white desert catsuit :Drool1:

Sorry, erm, back to the discussion.
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The gravity certainly wasn't affecting her too severely.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Tyyr wrote:The gravity certainly wasn't affecting her too severely.
Thanks to her Vulcan quantum-bra.
as Bull offed Custer
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Neutronium underwires obviously. No other way to keep those masses in orbit.
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

thelordharry wrote:
Mikey wrote:As I've demonstrated though, there are a number of factors why the genetic component of Vulcan strength may have faded from the Romulan genome.
Lazar wrote:Of course, Earth and Vulcan don't appear to be too different in terms of mass or gravity, because humans don't seem to have much trouble when they're on Vulcan
Witness the ENT ep in which Archer became the reincarnation of Surak - as they trekked through the desert, T'pol made a comment about how the gravity and conditions would take a greater toll on a human than on a Vulcan.
I loved her white desert catsuit :Drool1:

I still prefer the uniform from the mirror universe (and with long hair, so hot) and of course that underwear think she used in the underwearroom.